Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag situation getting worse and worse

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

tdv123 wrote: »
    Last time I checked you needed a fixed address to be on the dole.

Urban myth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

joetoad wrote: »
    Urban myth!!

Oh no it's not.

Oh no it's not.

Oh yes it is! They have to sign on every day in their local social welfare office

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

If they're that stupid, then surely there's an onus on the government to provide assistance to them, as they obviously can't survive alone, being stupid as mud.

haha why should they help them? the government isnt a charity, why do people continue to think everyone is entitled to so much over here. Celtic Tiger is dead and gone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

haha why should they help them? the government isnt a charity, why do people continue to think everyone is entitled to so much over here. Celtic Tiger is dead and gone

Didnt you hear? Those who contribute nothing should be given free money.

• Advertisement

Didnt you hear? Those who contribute nothing should be given free money.
    They really are bags of scum, the scummers,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Oh no it's not.

You register as homeless , get a housing needs assessment and if you meet the criteria you should get a supplementary needs payment.
    Oh yes it is! They have to sign on every day in their local social welfare office

"They" do not have to sign on everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Formosa

"Hhm, more delicious heroin!!"

"Whoa there buddy, not so fast! Did you know that you could easily save two thirds of the dole money you get even though you're homeless? You could then use that money to buy or rent somewhere to live!!"

"Oh man, I've been such a square! To think, I could've been in a nice warm place all this time, instead of freezing on the streets! If only I'd considered finding some accommodation instead of choosing to have this crippling addiction... Still, better late than never! Thanks for your advice friend, I'm off to the estate agent!!"

I thought the OP was talking about Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Love how these posts always bring out the bleeding hearts. Ireland is turning into a cesspit. And its not just the generic "tracksuit wearing head".

If its not the government ripping you off, its every low life scum bag trying to rob, give you a hiding or just plain trash your property/belongings.

You have aggressive begging by certain types who are not Irish.

You have Jimbo and his mates who thinks its hilarious to happy slap some poor bastard minding his own buisness walking down the street.

You have people who think dancing on your car bonnet or kicking the wing mirror off your car is great crack.

You have low lifes who think society owes them a living.

You have the banks & builders laughing at us, some of the biggest criminals in Ireland.

You have the poor bastard who only wants to put food on the table for his family being evicted because he lost his job and cant get employment.

You have the rich getting richer, and everyone else getting poorer.

You have the government introducing new taxes on everything from water to property.

You have wages going down while costs go up.

I could go on, but ill stop there.

At least when a junkie or Irish homeless person is begging, they just ask you and move on if you say no (in my experience anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Formosa

If they're that stupid, then surely there's an onus on the government to provide assistance to them, as they obviously can't survive alone, being stupid as mud.

The only alternative is that your post is made up of reductive, clichéd, disproven guff.

Anyway, I nominate 1930s Germany as being a much worse time and place, scumbag-wise. Though I'll say one thing about the Nazis: bad as they were, they never had the gall to ask innocent people for change on the street.

Why?

• Advertisement

They really are bags of scum, the scummers,

God you really are a compassionate soul aren't you?!

I agree with bits of what you say but come on some have just been dealt a really bad hand, while others are easily led and some are just down on their luck.

Not every homeless, drunk, addict wants to rob you, attack you or intimidate you or as your first post said crap on the street.

Its easy for you to judge from the comfort of your home out of the rain while on the interweb.

Life isn't fair for a lot of people and I'd guarantee that if you asked every single drug addict if they want that life I'd bet most would say no.

Love how these posts always bring out the bleeding hearts. Ireland is turning into a cesspit. And its not just the generic "tracksuit wearing head".

If its not the government ripping you off, its every low life scum bag trying to rob, give you a hiding or just plain trash your property/belongings.

You have Jimbo and his mates who thinks its hilarious to happy slap some poor bastard minding his own buisness walking down the street.

You have people who think dancing on your car bonnet or kicking the wing mirror off your car is great crack.

You have the banks & builders laughing at us, some of the biggest criminals in Ireland.

You have the poor bastard who only wants to put food on the table for his family being evicted because he lost his job and cant get employment.

You have the government introducing new taxes on everything from water to property.

At least when a junkie or Irish homeless person is begging, they just ask you and move on if you say no (in my experience anyway).

You could be describing most western countries here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What we need is someone like Mussolini to come in and clear out the trash, am I right?

Because a free society isn't worth enduring any negative consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Formosa wrote: »
    Why?

Well, even from a strictly pragmatic point of view, society as a whole isn't best served by having marauding packs of unassisted homeless people in the cities. Check out Lagos if you think it would be an improvement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

This horrible pissy weather makes everything seem worse.

Could we not just send the scumbags off to a camp somewhere so they'll leave everyone alone and stop annoying people? It might help their concentration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

CJC999 wrote: »
    So long as the social welfare system in the country continues to hand out free money to these **** then it will get worse. The problem is, that despite the fact that scumbags are generally as stupid as mud, they unfortunately mate with each other creating more potential Scumbags for the future. Not the kids fault, I know, but nonetheless they'll probably end up like their scumbag parents.

Actually, that's not a fact. Calling something a fact doesn't make it one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Could we not just send the scumbags off to a camp somewhere so they'll leave everyone alone and stop annoying people? It might help their concentration

We could lay on some trains for them. To give them a dig out getting to the camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Zillah wrote: »
    What we need is someone like Mussolini to come in and clear out the trash, am I right?

Because a free society isn't worth enduring any negative consequences.

So me pointing out a few things wrong with Ireland today, is the same as wanting a dictator in power - way to go Batman, thats some jump, am i right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

you know to some one some where you proberly qualify as a scumbag too,

but yes there are more junkies and general waste of skin creatures around due to some peoples sence of entitlment and inflated feelings that the world owes them something, and unless action is taken it will only get worse

• Advertisement

Will you be willing to help gather them up , Joe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Thats what happens when you put all the methadone clinics in the city centre.

Also the Gardai are just not interested in Dublin city. They have let it get out of hand and it has just gotten worse and worse.

In my opinion, both of those factors contribute the most.

you are correct but add to that the fact that the council/gardai have a severe anti north dublin bias and that compounds the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

you are correct but add to that the fact that the council/gardai have a severe anti north dublin bias and that compounds the problem.

thats not true. im pretty certain that most of the gangland killings/gun crime etc is found on the southside of the city. people seem to think that it's all the northside, maybe a LITTLE on the city centre, but certainly there are way more far worse areas on the southside where you'll encounter a scumbag or three.

mattjack wrote: »
    Will you be willing to help gather them up , Joe ?

No my mate is, his name is adam Hofler, he said he'd help, hes good at leading people.

thats not true. im pretty certain that most of the gangland killings/gun crime etc is found on the southside of the city. people seem to think that it's all the northside, maybe a LITTLE on the city centre, but certainly there are way more far worse areas on the southside where you'll encounter a scumbag or three.

yes i know the south of the city is far rougher than the northside, i have been saying that for years. but look at the city centre and you will see that the north city centre is neglected

yes i know the south of the city is far rougher than the northside, i have been saying that for years. but look at the city centre and you will see that the north city centre is neglected

you're right, the north inner city is completely neglected by the council in terms of plans to make the place nicer (as they clean up the south city centre almost each year in some form - ie a local plan or whatever).

i dont think you can call someone a scumbag if they are wearing a tracksuit. that's complete ignorance.

some people ride their high horse around though and assume that if someone can't afford to wear the latest high fashion or be seen driving a sports car that they are scum.

its less the areas, and more so the people themselves. there is scum everywhere in every format, be it a thief, a fat-cat banker, POSH scum ie: people looking down their noses.

i actually think that the WORST scum are the posho's with a bad attitude.
    (see youtube video of "my daddy works in kpmg") she is a total scumbag.

you're right, the north inner city is completely neglected by the council in terms of plans to make the place nicer (as they clean up the south city centre almost each year in some form - ie a local plan or whatever).

i dont think you can call someone a scumbag if they are wearing a tracksuit. that's complete ignorance.

some people ride their high horse around though and assume that if someone can't afford to wear the latest high fashion or be seen driving a sports car that they are scum.

its less the areas, and more so the people themselves. there is scum everywhere in every format, be it a thief, a fat-cat banker, POSH scum ie: people looking down their noses.

i actually think that the WORST scum are the posho's with a bad attitude.
    (see youtube video of "my daddy works in kpmg") she is a total scumbag.

Totally agree

look at mountjoy square for example. the square and the surrounding buildings are totally neglected. compare mounjoy square to merrion square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

And don't they get the dole? Surely they could save 120 a week and get themselves a place to live after a month or two.

One needs an address in order to get dole

Henlars67 wrote: »
    One needs an address in order to get dole

Ones registrars as homeless , get an assessment and then should get a payment , no address needed.

• Advertisement

Totally agree

look at mountjoy square for example. the square and the surrounding buildings are totally neglected. compare mounjoy square to merrion square.

i think people are too easily intimidated.

there's "scum" everywhere. posh boys kicking the life out of each other outside nightclubs every weekend. thats scummy.

people who are perceived as scum by many, are usually as nice as the next average joe soap, and are just trying to adapt to their surroundings.

that's why the north inner city needs to be revived a bit and not be let run itself into the ground.

if you are living in Donnybrook (but are originally from say Ballymun), you are most likely going to end up feeling the need to adapt and dress and act similarly to your neighbours.

same can be said for the flip-side. im sure some terrified yoke from an affluent area who found themselved on hard times and ended up in a bedsit in mountjoy sq wouldnt be too long putting on that tracksuit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement