Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaticon 5th-7th April

Options
  • 22-03-2013 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I am running an AE and UMVC3 Tourney at Vaticon on the 6th of april. I understand that April seems to be a busy month. It would be awesome if people would be able to come as i'd like to try an induce some hype into UCD for fighting games and also have the craic.

The rules would be the standard ones that you all go by but since i have never been to a tourney i'll have to read up on them again to be super sure.

The con itself is on in UCD in our brand spankin new student centre, a 46a,145,39A,17,11 take you there.

The room itself is quite large and should provide more than enough space however there might be an air conditioning issue but i am hoping that will be sorted by then as the room gets very hot :).

Con entry is 5 euro (which does the weekend) and i will have more info about tourney entry soon as i will most likely copy what you guys do. However there will be additional prizes for prehaps longest combo or something along those lines. The more people i think are coming the better prizes i can put onto of the tourney, it won't be anything super fancy but just for the laugh you know.

Any advice/feed back or questions or something i have clearly left out please let me know.

At worst it could be a good warm up for BAA fights the following weekend. I understand if people are busy and UCD is a pain so i won't hold it against anyone if they can't make it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

What console are you gonna run it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

Mainly xbox. If people need PS3's i can have 1/2 of them set up. Do many people play on PS3? I thought xbox would have been the norm.

Yeah, xbox is certainly more popular, I'm just asking coz I'm one of the minority :P I really need to at least just get a stick for xbox.

Is you stick for the PS3? I am sure we'll work it about either way :)

Yeah, it's a cheap little 30 euro stick for the PS3. The problem arises when most of the others will be bringing along sticks that are only compatible with xbox. So yeah, xbox compatible stick definitely on my list of things to buy at some point in the hopefully near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Everyone is happy enough to loan sticks to each other anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Fergus_ wrote: »

unless its a VSHG :cool:

Fergus_ wrote: »

Sweet, then there's no worries, I also might get a chance to use a stick that doesn't suck, that'll be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

albel nox wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I am running an AE and UMVC3 Tourney at Vaticon on the 6th of april. I understand that April seems to be a busy month. It would be awesome if people would be able to come as i'd like to try an induce some hype into UCD for fighting games and also have the craic.

The rules would be the standard ones that you all go by but since i have never been to a tourney i'll have to read up on them again to be super sure.

The con itself is on in UCD in our brand spankin new student centre, a 46a,145,39A,17,11 take you there.

The room itself is quite large and should provide more than enough space however there might be an air conditioning issue but i am hoping that will be sorted by then as the room gets very hot :).

Con entry is 5 euro (which does the weekend) and i will have more info about tourney entry soon as i will most likely copy what you guys do. However there will be additional prizes for prehaps longest combo or something along those lines. The more people i think are coming the better prizes i can put onto of the tourney, it won't be anything super fancy but just for the laugh you know.

Any advice/feed back or questions or something i have clearly left out please let me know.

At worst it could be a good warm up for BAA fights the following weekend. I understand if people are busy and UCD is a pain so i won't hold it against anyone if they can't make it.

If theres Marvel I'll attend ofc

Lythero can watch replys of my speech after he's done with his business, "Shout outs to Lee, P.S you're Jun's Boy"

Mahvel will certainly be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Is that 30quid stick the Hori FS3 one? If so, they do a very similar one for Xbox called the EX2, also for 30quid. Feels just the same, except the EX2 only six buttons instead of eight. I swicth from one to the other quite often (I'm an Xbox player at home, but I play MK on PS3 at tournies) and I can't really tell the difference at this stage.

Advertisement