Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris

• 22-03-2013 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Okay, me and a few friends are going over in the last weekend of August. Getting the Eurostar from London (that's where most of them are living these days) and leaving on the Monday. Any tips? We're staying in the 5th and I'm just looking for some good things to do on the Sunday since Saturday is gonna be spent at Rock en Seine.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

Just walking around Paris is great I think. The 5th is lovely, and the walk from the Louvre, through the Tuileries, and up the Champs Elysees to the Arc de Triomph is quite extravagant and a bit dazzling (at least I think so). It's posh and fancy Paris to the max, and worth a look. That being said, in August it will be busy, and maybe an area to have a look at and quickly get away from!
    The Louvre is massive, but the Musee d'Orsay is more enjoyable I think, and the Picasso Museum is also more low-key and contains a lot of his work.

I think that Pere Lachaise cemetery is worth a visit, especially if ye've been to Paris before and have seen the usual sights. It's a bit out from the very centre of the city, but still within the peripherique. Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, Chopin, Oscar Wilde and many more are buried there. It's quite a quiet and calming place I find, and makes for a pleasant stroll...that is if you like being in cemeteries like I do. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The above poster is pretty spot on..

I can add that I lived in the 5th for a while, very nice area.. Luxembourg Gardens are a nice hangout to catch some rays or just relax... check out Rue Mouffetard one of the oldest streets in Paris never mind the 5th. Lot's of very nice restaurants and bars, the road sweeps downhill from the 5th to The Seine opposite Notre Dame. The most happening areas now in Paris for young poeple are up and around Bastille and the Canal St Martin areas. Lots of great music bars and venues... otherwise.. walk around and see what you stumble on, its a great city for walking and all the best discoveries happen in paris that way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭crushproof

Hey guys,

Heading over to Paris this weekend for a few nights, first time so can't wait. Just wondering, it may or may not be a silly question, but alot of the museums say if you are under 26 you get free admission. Anybody have any idea if that includes people like myself who are 26? Or is it aged 25 or under?!

Looked it up on google but can't find any definitive answers! Would be handy to save a few bob on tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BobCobb

Just had a look at a couple, the Louvre and Orsay, and they both say tis free for 18-25 (eu citizens).
    You could try it anyway if you're youngish looking maybe :P
    Although I remember trying something like that once in Orsay and they barely cracked a smile :o
    Anyway, enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They will most likely look for ID if you are borderline.. No harm in chancing your arm though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement