Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Node Reach Exchange

• 22-03-2013 7:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I,m currently connected to a rural exchange which offers Max speeds of up to 7Mbps.

I see now on the Eircom fibre network map my exchange is listed as NR or Node Reach.

What exactly does this mean? Could I dare hope for speeds in excess of the current up to 7Mbps and is there any list available of when NR exchanges are due to be completed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

If you click on the 'coverage map' icon at the bottom of the page linked below it shows my exchange as being a WSEA Reach Node.

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Reference-Offers/LLRO/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Mine is as well but still ****e ADSL up to 7Mb. I asked the same question a good while back on these forums but there was no definitive answer.

My understanding guess is the connection to the 'back' of the exchange has been upgraded but the downstream connections to the home are still running on ADSL old type equipment - so everything remains the same old speed with a contention ratio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

NR means you can buy a symmetric ethernet fibre product up to 100mbits delivered to your premises. It will cost you dearly ....think low order 1000s a month...but is suitable for business as a traditional 2mbit leased line substitute.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    NR means you can buy a symmetric ethernet fibre product up to 100mbits delivered to your premises. It will cost you dearly ....think low order 1000s a month...but is suitable for business as a traditional 2mbit leased line substitute.

Thanks lads, so as MBSnr said everything pretty much stays the same.

I know it's Eircom and it's a tradition at this stage for them to do senseless things a lot of the time but why in the name of God spend money enabling a rural exchange for NR then which is as useful as a chocolate teapot and would have zero uptake when they aren't arsed even upgrading the 'normal' broadband connectivity side which would at least bring in some revenue :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sure ye've 'no congestion' down there now. :D

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Sure ye've 'no congestion' down there now. :D

:D:D True!

The only thing we have to contend with really is the bushes trying to eat into the cables and the odd politician showing up every five years or so :rolleyes:

Advertisement