Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest itinerary?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Planning a honeymoon trip to Canada. Would fly into Toronto and out of Vancouver 18 nights later. Anyone care to suggest a rough itinerary or some of the must see sights in between?

Manitoba looks amazing for a start and some of the train journeys look incredible too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Get to Jasper and drive between Jasper and Banff

In Jasper go to Maligne lake http://www.malignelake.com/

Stand on a glacier http://www.icefieldsparkway.ca/

Close to Banff is Lake Louise http://www.discoverlakelouise.com/

Take a Gondola up to Sulfer mountain in Banff http://www.explorerockies.com/banff-gondola/

You should see a good bit of wildlofe as well.
    On our last trip we saw Elk, Deer, Black Bears and a Wolf
    Also wild sheep and.

ON this drive there is a new postcard around every turn

It takes on a few hours to drive between Jasper and Banff but take your time
    I would spend a day or two in Jasper and Nanff as well

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

Great suggestions above, would recommend the same.
    As you are flying out of Vancouver, I would also recommend going to Vancouver island. Go to Tofino, and get a water taxi to Mears island, walk the Big Tree Trail. It's stunning! some 1500 year old trees. If you dont see bears in Alberta(the above suggestion) do a bear watching tour too, it's great! Victoria is a gorgeous city too, much nicer than Vancouver.
    Newfoundland and Nova Scotia are worth a trip too, but not sure if you would have time for that too! Depending on when you go to Newfoundlad, you can see icebergs.
    I haven't been to Manitoba so can't advise on that one. I will be in the NorthWest Territories in a couple of weeks though, and will let you know if it's worth the visit! We are going to see the aurora borealis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

amber23 wrote: »
    Great suggestions above, would recommend the same.
    As you are flying out of Vancouver, I would also recommend going to Vancouver island. Go to Tofino, and get a water taxi to Mears island, walk the Big Tree Trail. It's stunning! some 1500 year old trees. If you dont see bears in Alberta(the above suggestion) do a bear watching tour too, it's great! Victoria is a gorgeous city too, much nicer than Vancouver.
    Newfoundland and Nova Scotia are worth a trip too, but not sure if you would have time for that too! Depending on when you go to Newfoundlad, you can see icebergs.
    I haven't been to Manitoba so can't advise on that one. I will be in the NorthWest Territories in a couple of weeks though, and will let you know if it's worth the visit! We are going to see the aurora borealis.

Where can ya see the aurora borealis? God I've wanted to see that for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

We are going to Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories to see them. It's meant to be one of the best places in the world to view them.(less mountains means clear weather, which has a lot to do with it) Only thing is, even though they appear all year round, they can only be seen at certain parts of the year, as during the summer, its too bright. You can play golf at midnight up there as it's as if it's the afternoon! Best times are late September to April as far as I know. There are tours, such as snowmobiling or dogsledding that apparently take you out at night time to view them, That might be a cool honeymoon thing to do!

Advertisement