Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croatia -v- Serbia

• 22-03-2013 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Huge, huge match tonight in group A.

Belgium 10
    Croatia 10
    Serbia 4

Serbia probably can't qualify, or even come second, but a win here for them would seriously upset Croatia's chances of top spot. Croatia and Belgium are top with 10 points, and Serbia and Macedonia have 4 points. Then Wales and Scotland on 3 and 2.

Macedonia host Belgium in a game Belgium will probably win, meaning Croatia need the win to keep pace with Belgium.

No away fans allowed, but I'm sure Mihajlovic will still find some way to annoy the Croats :D

I'd love to watch this game, anyone know if it's on any TV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya'd probably get a stream somewhere alright.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was still trouble in some way with fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The Croatians will be very anti-Serbia alright, and they really hate Mihajlovic.

Himself and Stimac have a bad history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I'd give Macedonia a better chance of picking up points than Serbia. They're a mess last few years.

A friend sent me a link to this yesterday

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/27-football/777492-a-history-of-hate-cro-vs-srb-22-mar-2013

Really interesting read. So much at stake here tonight. Mihajlovic and Stimac story/feud is fascinating.

Really looking forward to this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/27-football/777492-a-history-of-hate-cro-vs-srb-22-mar-2013

Really interesting read. So much at stake here tonight. Mihajlovic and Stimac story/feud is fascinating.

Really looking forward to this game.

Just about to post this, some truly shocking stuff in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Different level from any other rivalry, the history behind it is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wonder if theres any betting available on a red card in the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was in Dubrovnik recently, and got a taste of the rivalry from the locals. This game will be big!
    If I watch the Ireland game tonight at home, I'll have this one on the laptop, if at all possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I was in Dubrovnik recently, and got a taste of the rivalry from the locals. This game will be big!
    If I watch the Ireland game tonight at home, I'll have this one on the laptop, if at all possible!

5 o clock kick off mate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Looking forward to this one - it should be fairly interesting both on and off the pitch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one - it should be fairly interesting both on and off the pitch!

No away fans, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

forgot about that...will have to settle for the managers so!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

maybe fortunately, wouldn't want to see any violence ruining the game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Will be interesting to see how the Serbian national anthem is greeted, might set the tone for the rest of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

They should really look at not drawing these two teams against each other. Something is guaranteed to kick off tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Any links to watch the game lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Linkkkkk me please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

This isn't a footballing rivalry folks, and I find it rather distasteful that some people see fit to reduce on of the bloodiest civil wars this continent has ever seen to a comment regarding away fans "unfortunately" being banned.

Yes, the game is of huge interest for obvious reasons, but wishing violence and mayhem to come out of it is frankly disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Interesting article. Here's the full game mentioned at the start of the article if anyone is interested. Aside from the reference, it's weird watching so many top players competing for silverware in a fairly empty looking stadium.

Interestingly if you watch the start of it Mihajlovic isn't actually the captain of Red Star like it says in the article, which leads me to wonder how true the " I hope our guys kill your entire family in Borovo." bit is.

I thought they were presenting them with laptops there for a minute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It's being streamed on YouTube. Dunno if I can post link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

baz2009 wrote: »
    It's being streamed on YouTube. Dunno if I can post link?

videosport is all official, forgot to post it earlier when I was watching the Portugal game on there :o

http://www.youtube.com/Videosport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

2-0 now.

Actually OT but something I've often wondered, why do Croatia often wear their away colours at home even in qualifers?

Advertisement