Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vivi nova/ vamo problem

Options
  • 22-03-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

hi,

this morning my vivi nova has stopped firing on my new vamo.

I purchased both on tuesday from esmoke ireland and got them wednesday.

Have been using them both since then with no problems but this morning all of a sudden nothing...not a gurgle or a tiny plum of vapour :(

took the tank off and put it on my lavatube and it worked straight away :confused:

checked ohms on lavatube and its showing 2.6 so thats fine for a 2.8 ohm head

back onto the vamo and showing 9.9 ohm??

put a dc carto onto the vamo and it showed the right ohms for that straight away....

any body offer any kind of info on whats goin on here??

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

feelpablo wrote: »
    hi,

this morning my vivi nova has stopped firing on my new vamo.

I purchased both on tuesday from esmoke ireland and got them wednesday.

Have been using them both since then with no problems but this morning all of a sudden nothing...not a gurgle or a tiny plum of vapour :(

took the tank off and put it on my lavatube and it worked straight away :confused:

checked ohms on lavatube and its showing 2.6 so thats fine for a 2.8 ohm head

back onto the vamo and showing 9.9 ohm??

put a dc carto onto the vamo and it showed the right ohms for that straight away....

any body offer any kind of info on whats goin on here??

cheers

Sounds like you have dirt or juice built up on your vamo connection,just get some tissue or and ear bud and clean the connector on the vamo and it should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

The vamo is prone to having the contact pin in the head pushed down slightly by over-tightening devices on it. Sounds like this might be what happened in your case, and the contact pin got pushed just beyond the reach of the Nova. I've never done it before, but I believe you can pry the contact back up slightly. I'm sure someone with experience here can tell you, or have a look around youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Could be a bad connection
    as a matter of interest what colour is the spring in the battery cap

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

ok thanks guys

seems to be a prob with the nova all right...cant really understand it...hasnt been taken off since i got it two days ago and all of sudden its pushed the contact down???

yet any other dc cartos are fine on it and the nova works fine on the lava tube.....bit of a balls

oh and vaperous it seems to be a goldisg spring connection on the vamo

It has the new spring in it
    did you try changing the nova head, process of ilimination

• Advertisement

defo not the head on the nova as its working fine on the lavatube

pull the pin down on the Nova a bit
    Different devices have a shorter reach connection than others so when you use it on one it pushes the pin up which is what its designed to do.

nope that hasnt worked at all...wont work on vamo or lavatube now....

jesus its days like this that vaping would put you back on the fags....have nothing now for the weekend

If Cartos are working like you say it has to be something with the Nova either a loose or bad head or the pin on the bottom isnt making contact with the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

feelpablo wrote: »
    nope that hasnt worked at all...wont work on vamo or lavatube now....

jesus its days like this that vaping would put you back on the fags....have nothing now for the weekend

I had something like that happen. The center pin on my vamo was pushed right down and got squished into the rubber bung below it. I used the hook on some tiny nail clippers and pryed the center pin up again.

• Advertisement

Mine was showing 9.9 ohms too. 9.9 ohms in my experience means the vamo doesn't sense an atomiser.

So you must be having the same problem as I had. The vivi just isn't connecting. They dct probably has a slightly longer connector and is connecting.

Put up a pic of the center pin if u still can't figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Sorry feelpablo, don't want to jump on this thread but... on the 5th fill of my Vivi Nova this morning.. put it on my Zmax ...and I got the same thing > 9.9ohms (fail reading). Every other tank, atty, carto etc on the Zmax works just fine.
    Have taken Vivi Nova apart, pushed down the centre pin, tightened the coil, etc, etc.
    Nothing.
    In my case, it's definitely the Vivi Nova as it won't fire on any of my mods/batteries.
    But I've got the centre pin down to the same as my AGR tank as well as my DCT tank, and its still dead as a doornail. Replaced the 2.4 coil with a 1.8.
    Still nada.
    Very perplexing!
    Everything "should be" connected from what I can tell.. any advice?

look into the battery connector of the zmax

there's round center pin / battery connector in there

get something really small like a pin and try to very carefully wedge it up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I'll try that Sticky. Cheers!

Advertisement