Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit usage in New York

Options
  • 22-03-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

I know you have said in other posts that the Visa Debit will work anywhere we see the Visa sign but for peace of mind can I ask.

1. Can I withdraw cash in the States?
    2. If I can whats the limit a day and how much is it to do each time?
    3. Do we need to give notice that the card will be used outside Europe?

Many Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Recessionbust.

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can withdraw cash using your Visa Debit card anywhere in the world where the Visa logo is displayed.

If you do decide to use your Visa Debit on your trip to New York, cross border handling fees will be applied to your account.

If you use your card to withdraw cash at an ATM, there is a charge of 3.5% of the amount you withdraw with a minimum charge of €3.17 and a maximum charge of €11.43.

Chipped ATMs overseas usually have a daily limit of €500, and the daily limit is €250 for Non-Chipped ATMs, however, some foreign banks apply their own ATM withdrawal limits, which may be lower.

If you use the card at a point of sale, the charge is 1.75% of the transaction. The minimum charge applied depends on whether the transaction is done contactlessly or not. The minimum charge for a contactless transaction is €0.10 and the minimum charge for a non-contactless transaction is €0.46. The maximum point of sale charge is €11.43.

We would always recommend you notify us of your travel intentions which helps prevent any issues when using your card abroad. This can be done by contacting your account holding branch or calling Banking365 on 0818 365 365.

We hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement