Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc quantum and phone

Options
  • 22-03-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi all, i just diy installed a new hkc quantum, now i am quite chuffed with myself as it actually works..can anyone tell me how to hook up a phone line and what i need for it ..i have upc phone line and i dont have a clue eg what wires i need and where they go ..any help from the experts would be truly appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you will need to get a line from the UPC to the alarm system.
    It goes into the panel on the AB then back out to other phones on the CD.
    This is to give the system line priority over other phones.
    In the zone names did you set up the zone audio for each zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 annoyedatthree

i fear this is where the diy install shows , what does setting up a tone for each zone do i am bloody lost now should just stick to plumbing.dont know what wire i need to buy , all i have is a phone connector from my router/modem to phone
    is there detailed instructions with how to set everything up on these units , all i got was a couple of small booklets in the box .thanks for your reply altor

i fear this is where the diy install shows , what does setting up a tone for each zone do i am bloody lost now should just stick to plumbing.dont know what wire i need to buy , all i have is a phone connector from my router/modem to phone
    is there detailed instructions with how to set everything up on these units , all i got was a couple of small booklets in the box .thanks for your reply altor

It sounds more complicated than it is :D
    The line that you have coming out of the UPC needs to go direct into the AB terminals of the Quantum panel. Then a line out on the CD needs to go to any phones you have. It is handy if you have a phone point as the CD cable from the panel can be wired direct in there. Just make sure you disconnect the Eircom line first. Then plug your phone in there.

In the zone menu you will see zone names, select and scroll to zone audio to set up the zone audio there.

altor wrote: »
    It sounds more complicated than it is :D
    The line that you have coming out of the UPC needs to go direct into the AB terminals of the Quantum panel. Then a line out on the CD needs to go to any phones you have. It is handy if you have a phone point as the CD cable from the panel can be wired direct in there. Just make sure you disconnect the Eircom line first. Then plug your phone in there.

In the zone menu you will see zone names, select and scroll to zone audio to set up the zone audio there.

thanks bud your a gent, i will try and suss it out..dont have any eircom just upc
    whats a cd ?

thanks bud your a gent, i will try and suss it out..dont have any eircom just upc
    whats a cd ?

That is the terminals in the control panel, bottom right as you look at it.
    Line in on the A/B
    Line out on the C/D

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    That is the terminals in the control panel, bottom right as you look at it.
    Line in on the A/B
    Line out on the C/D

thanks altor your a gem ..one more for ya..i want my front door to chime as i open it so i set it to chime ..only when i open the door it alarms rather than chimes ..any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Turn off "Int bell chime " this is why it alarms
    Systems options
    Misc options
    Internal bell chime "NO"
    Then only the keypad will make a beeeeep

thanks altor your a gem ..one more for ya..i want my front door to chime as i open it so i set it to chime ..only when i open the door it alarms rather than chimes ..any ideas?

You need turn the chime on in the options menu for the zone.
    Then press 0*6 on the keypad to turn on the chime, to turn off press 0*6 on the keypad also.

Do not turn off the chime for the internal bell as this is where you will hear it ;)

Turn off "Int bell chime " this is why it alarms
    Systems options
    Misc options
    Internal bell chime "NO"
    Then only the keypad will make a beeeeep

thunderbird ..your instructions were spot on mate thanks..all working fine

no problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread.

I'm going to install a similar system in my parents account.

How much dies the HKC kit cost and who sells the kit without installation?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread.

I'm going to install a similar system in my parents account.

How much dies the HKC kit cost and who sells the kit without installation?

Thanks in advance!

Prices can vary so best to contact the suppliers on the suppliers list here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

ballpark?

ballpark?

€380.00

€420 for the kit 2
    Rf external bell
    Quantum with DMTV
    2x rf Pir ( hall, kitchen )
    1x rf reed ( front door)
    1x rf shock (back door)
    1x rf fob

You could ask for another shock instead of a reed and wire a sensor to the front door .

Advertisement