Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Tv

Options
  • 22-03-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello

Is it possible to get Sky channels for free. My neigbour is signed up for Sky and has allowed my to connect my old Sky box to their dish. I have no viewing card so is it possible to pick up any channels besides BBC and Sky News?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paddybongo

No only free to air, <DELETED>

• Registered Users Posts: 34,877 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Don't connect to your neighbour's dish unless they've totally disconnected from it. Your property is supposed to be electrically isolated from theirs. Their earthing, RCD etc. can't protect you if their satellite receiver goes faulty and decides to send 230V down the LNB cable...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Paddybongo you can take a five day ban if you mention that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paddybongo

icdg wrote: »
    Paddybongo you can take a five day ban if you mention that again.

He asked a question i answered.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ScriptGirl

due to financial circumstances need to cancel a UPC connection. really confused about this free to air business and saorview or whatever. I am not a TV person more internet. any help/advice would be great. looking for this one time payment deal. anyone know ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Your best off asking in Satellite and or Terrestrial about Freesat/Saorview solutions that might suit you. Bear in mind that if you're in a typical UPC household that has no rooftop aerial the initial cost of equipment+installation for a Freesat/Saorview solution may run into considerably more than a years worth of UPC's basic package however.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ScriptGirl

great ! thank you very much. still getting use to navigating this forum

Advertisement