Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Wetsuit

Options
  • 22-03-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of buying a winter wetsuit,I can afford an excel drylock infinity.
    My friend tells me ill have better value buying a quicksilver cypher,someone else says a c skins wired.
    But from reading reviews the excel drylock infinity seems better.

I use a c skins legend 5x3 too cold,I need something warmer and get 2 seasons..

What would ye more experienced surfers recommend ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

I spoke with someone that knows Xcel pretty well tried and tested, he said the Drylock isn't really worth the money, the infinity is just as good.

I use an Infinity and find it great, no complaints. Never feel the cold but just worried when I move down in mm for spring I'll get a shock in temp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

got a new o neill pyscho II 5/3 a month ago in a local shop, it's ridiculously warm and comfortable and not restrictive. was pricey but money well spent as far as i'm concerned. i've a lovely o neill summer suit too, so it's a brand i trust and am staying with. just my tuppence worth. could have saved a tenner buying online but happy to buy local for a very small difference. hope you find a good suit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

O'Neill are very good all right. A few mates wear O'Neill Mutants and swear by them. I find the C-Skins Wired really warm, better than Xcel. I got my Wired 3 or 4 months ago, I think some shops are sold out of the current season Wireds in many sizes by now so you may have trouble getting one though. The O'Neill Mutant will be a bit cheaper, can be got on sale at about €240 I think and still has front entry, a detachable hood and the liquid taped seams.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I really like my Xcel , it is warm and of very good quality and I'm into my 2nd season with it, liquid tape seam also and front entry. I will be buying an Xcel again whenever the need arises.
    I have always worn a full sleeve rashie underneath , but that's just me . I think it is easier to cool down than to get warm when your in the water so if it get to hot i just let some sea water in.
    Good luck with your choice , the cost comes down the more you surf with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

true wrote: »
    O'Neill are very good all right. A few mates wear O'Neill Mutants and swear by them. I find the C-Skins Wired really warm, better than Xcel. I got my Wired 3 or 4 months ago, I think some shops are sold out of the current season Wireds in many sizes by now so you may have trouble getting one though. The O'Neill Mutant will be a bit cheaper, can be got on sale at about €240 I think and still has front entry, a detachable hood and the liquid taped seams.

Find the legs on the C-skins a bit to thick

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

rodento wrote: »
    Find the legs on the C-skins a bit to thick
    really warm for the winter though, being liquid taped and all. They do 5/4/3's as well as 6/5/4's I think. The 5mm ( 5/4/3 ) I find warmer than other makes of 5mm I've worn. No need for a full sleeve thermal rashie underneath, just ordinary rashie is fine. Some other suits are thinner when measured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Fionn101 wrote: »
    I really like my Xcel , it is warm and of very good quality and I'm into my 2nd season with it, liquid tape seam also and front entry. I will be buying an Xcel again whenever the need arises.
    I have always worn a full sleeve rashie underneath , but that's just me . I think it is easier to cool down than to get warm when your in the water so if it get to hot i just let some sea water in.
    Good luck with your choice , the cost comes down the more you surf with it !

I bought an Xcel powerseam drylock 5x4,and used it over the weekend.
    Its very warm but I didn't tighten the cords right and fix the inside property so some water got in through the side,so this eve I'm hitting douggi and will make sure I'm well fastened lol

So I'm happy enough a friend of mine advised me to make sure I tightened the cords right both on the hood and front entry overlay thing...

Thanks everyone for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Geomy wrote: »

I bought an Xcel powerseam drylock 5x4,and used it over the weekend.
    Its very warm but I didn't tighten the cords right and fix the inside property so some water got in through the side,so this eve I'm hitting douggi and will make sure I'm well fastened lol

So I'm happy enough a friend of mine advised me to make sure I tightened the cords right both on the hood and front entry overlay thing...

Thanks everyone for your help :)
    How much was it and where did you get it? Need to buy a new suit myself soon. Mine is most definitely on the way out. Very leaky and making my surfs a bit miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Decos wrote: »
    How much was it and where did you get it? Need to buy a new suit myself soon. Mine is most definitely on the way out. Very leaky and making my surfs a bit miserable.

Sent you a pm Decos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Great outdoors have 20% off all suits tomorrow, it's an on line one day sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

These Irish crowd are clearing out winter suits at a great price http://marasurf.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=62

Switch kites have started to do wetsuits and there really good . I got one as I'm a team rider and choose it I've my pschyo 2 all the time. Have a look at them and make your own mind up

There online switchkites.com

Advertisement