Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luigis Mansion 2 (3DS)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Luigis Mansion 2: Dark Moon 3DS Game
    €44.99 - €2.50 with smyths card = €42.49

its only €5 join and you get back €5 voucher smyths in return for joining

at smyths toystore

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon (Nintendo 3DS)

amazon uk

£32.99 = €38.99

or else free

if you buy 3 out of 8 from this selection of 3 ds games

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon, animal crossing new leaf, fire emblem awakening, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins , Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -- Mirror of Fate, DK country returns and pokemon mystery dungeon

plus you must if register 3 out of 8 select 3ds games at nintendo club website

to get free download game choice from these 8 games

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon, animal crossing new leaf, fire emblem awakening, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins , Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -- Mirror of Fate, DK country returns and pokemon mystery dungeon

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-3DS-So-Many-Games-Promotion/Overview/Overview-750393.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

wampy, please use one post for this kind of stuff, cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So tempted to buy an XL. Only E162 on Amazon.it delivered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I keep saying, the XL is fantastic. Much much better than the original 3DS.

buy playing luigi mansion dark moon 3ds in multiplayer mode you get more upgrades for the game instead completing the game after you pass the 20,000 gold all the upgrades are finish in standalone game and to get the rest of upgrades u need to play in multiplayer mode either local or online, so finish this game 100 % you have to play the rest of the game in mulitplayer mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    buy playing luigi mansion dark moon 3ds in multiplayer mode you get more upgrades for the game instead completing the game after you pass the 20,000 gold all the upgrades are finish in standalone game and to get the rest of upgrades u need to play in multiplayer mode either local or online, so finish this game 100 % you have to play the rest of the game in mulitplayer mode.

Can someone translate this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

cloud493 wrote: »
    Can someone translate this for me?

I'll try. I think he's saying that to 100% complete the game you need to play multiplayer as there are upgrades for the poltergust that aren't available in the single player.

I'll also add that this is incorrect. All upgrades are available in single player. They can be unlocked in multiplayer as well but they only last for that one multiplayer session. There are no new upgrades though.

Luigi’s Mansion – Dark Moon: How to Unlock Endless Scarescrapers

In Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon on the Nintendo 3DS, you can unlock several endless scarescrapers with a limitless number of floors.

You unlock scarescrapers by beating the Visual Tricks mission in Gloomy Manor.

Here are the endless scarescrapers you can unlock, and how to unlock them.

Hunter Endless – Beat a Hunter mode in a 25F Scarescraper
    Polterpup Endless – Beat a Polterpup mode in a 25F Scarescraper
    Rush Endless – Beat a Rush mode in a 25F Scarescraper
    Surprise Endless – Beat a Surprise mode in a 25F Scarescraper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mother****ing sled ride/boss battle on the 4th mansion is doing my head in!!! Absolutely stupid boss beyond belief. Why is there a fast and awkward shooting section in a slow paced puzzler anyway?!! I don't think I can face the frustration of trying it again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

o1s1n wrote: »
    Mother****ing sled ride/boss battle on the 4th mansion is doing my head in!!! Absolutely stupid boss beyond belief. Why is there a fast and awkward shooting section in a slow paced puzzler anyway?!! I don't think I can face the frustration of trying it again :(

That boss drove me nuts too!What worked for me was aiming for the central sections first,then aiming the cursor at the bottom and timing the bits around the edge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Looks like I'm taking the plunge :)
    Gonna get Paper Mario Stick Star and Luigi's Mansion.
    GameStop looks the cheapest for both at around €35.
    Although WOWhd has them for €32...Has anyone any experience with that crowd?
    Cheer's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Although WOWhd has them for €32...Has anyone any experience with that crowd?
    Cheer's :)
    Do NOT use them, they're in Hong Kong you could be waiting 4 or 5 weeks for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just finished this game recently. Wasn't quite sure if I made the right decision getting it, but I found it a lot of fun. I would recommend it.
    o1s1n wrote: »

I would agree. This was a major downside of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Got this for Christmas and have to say I'm loving it. I'm about 5 hours into it and have enjoyed every minute so far. Having played mostly an Xbox for the past 7 or 8 years this game and Zelda albtw have rekindled my love for Nintendo. Would strongly recommend this game if u own a 3ds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

da gamer wrote: »
    Got this for Christmas and have to say I'm loving it. I'm about 5 hours into it and have enjoyed every minute so far. Having played mostly an Xbox for the past 7 or 8 years this game and Zelda albtw have rekindled my love for Nintendo. Would strongly recommend this game if u own a 3ds

I'm thinking about picking it up today. I need a handheld game to play since I finished Zelda and Guacamelee.

I'm undecided on Luigi's Mansion 2 or the Donkey Kong Country Returns remake.

I'm thinking about picking it up today. I need a handheld game to play since I finished Zelda and Guacamelee.

I'm undecided on Luigi's Mansion 2 or the Donkey Kong Country Returns remake.

Passed luigis mansion 2 a couple of nights ago and can't recommend it enough. Took almost 20 hours to complete the story and still haven't played multiplayer or collected half the gems or boos. I picked up donkey Kong returns 3d but haven't played it yet. I got it in Gamestop as part of the 2 for 50 deal a few weeks ago

I'm just starting into this game and I am very impressed with how the game looks. But it is impossible to play with the 3S turned on. You have to use the gyroscope to aim properly and so you lose the 3D sweet spot all the time. So the game turns into a blurry mess.

Very disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's been a while, but I don't think I used the gyroscope once.

Mr E wrote: »
    It's been a while, but I don't think I used the gyroscope once.

It allows you to move the vacuum a round much more accurately. Otherwise you have to rely on moving left and right and pressing X and B for up/down.

Oh, for a second stick on the 3DS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The 3D effect and the Gyroscope are mutually exclusive, you can have one but not the other, like position and velocity.
    Pity that.
    A second circle pad would have been awesome but it's not to be, I thought for sure that the revision of the 3DS would include one, just make new games compatible with the Circle Pad Pro, but no, the 3DS XL, despite having the real estate to host such a thing didn't have it, nor does the 2DS :(
    That said, I would expect Ninty to listen to the fans and include it in whatever the follow up to the 3DS might be, it was released in 2011 so, by my reckoning, we should hear whisperings of the follow up in 2015/16.... so a bit of a wait then....

I'm just starting into this game and I am very impressed with how the game looks. But it is impossible to play with the 3S turned on. You have to use the gyroscope to aim properly and so you lose the 3D sweet spot all the time. So the game turns into a blurry mess.

Very disappointing.

I didn't use the gyroscope once. The only time I had to turn off the 3d in the game was when looking through windows/holes in the wall. I found the controls great in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Same. I got a download code for the game for about 24euro, and it's very enjoyable so far. I've done 3 sections in the main quest, and I think I'm being thorough, but so much stuff to go back and do later!

After reading some of the responses here I stopped using the gyroscope and got more used to the controls without it. I can now fully appreciate the game in 3D. And really, what an amazing looking game it is.

I am surprised by the length of the game. I've been playing it on my daily commute for the past week and feel as though I've barely scratched the surface. I'm on the second batch of missions, the Haunted Tower I think it is called.

I just spent an incredibly frustrating commute fighting against the boss at the end of the 4th mansion. They totally mix up the gameplay to the point it becomes another genre. Also the controls suck and it seems to be almost based more on luck than skill.

I was about to just quit and swear never to play it again when I got a bit of luck and managed to get through it. I'm hoping there is nothing as bad to come in the next mansion. This along with that section with the very long staircase part really put a dent in my overall enjoyment of the game. For the most part it is a nice relaxing game to enjoy on the train, with it's slow pace and subtle puzzles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

I just spent an incredibly frustrating commute fighting against the boss at the end of the 4th mansion. They totally mix up the gameplay to the point it becomes another genre. Also the controls suck and it seems to be almost based more on luck than skill.

I was about to just quit and swear never to play it again when I got a bit of luck and managed to get through it. I'm hoping there is nothing as bad to come in the next mansion. This along with that section with the very long staircase part really put a dent in my overall enjoyment of the game. For the most part it is a nice relaxing game to enjoy on the train, with it's slow pace and subtle puzzles.

It's weird alright. Just did that part recently myself. I'd no clue what was going on. Final (I think!) mansion for me now!

I finished this game earlier today. On the while I really enjoyed it but it did have a few moments that really interrupted the flow. There would be the odd difficulty spike or just very badly designed section that would stop me enjoying the game.

By the end I felt it overstayed its welcome. Still, pretty glad I've played it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement