Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest route - College Green area

Options
  • 22-03-2013 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Hi, just a very quick question - am just heading into town in the next 15 minutes. Can I get through town via College Green between 12 - 1pm today. AA route mapper keeps sending me in other directions but if I can get through College Green it will save me a lot of time, and I need to get somewhere via quickest route to catch two appointments today. Hope someone lurking here can advise in the next few mins. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You can get through any time, however I presume you're talking about being in a car? Yes you can drive through between 10am and 4pm. However, it will depend where you're coming from, might be helpful to mention that too. You can't turn left at the bottom of Dawson Street - it's for buses and taxis and people breaking the law in cars.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

HI there,

From the Dublin City website:
    Between 7am and 10am, and 4pm and 7pm (Monday to Friday) only buses, taxis and cyclists will be able to travel through College Green in either direction.

From this page. I'm not sure when that was posted up though, possibly when it first started which is a few years ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks miamee. Yes I did see that notice but as you say, I couldn't tell when it had been posted. Day and month ok but year left off it. Anyway I got where I was going and survived to tell the tale. I usually avoid that area during peak times but today was an emergency. Rotten day for driving.

Advertisement