Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

organised trips to Italy

• 22-03-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

Looking at going on my first holiday as a singleton, was thinking around Sorrento/Amalfi coast area. Not looking for a singles holiday but I thought an organised group trip would be a good way to meet new people.

Has anyone been on an organised trip to Italy or anywhere else and would you recommend them? They seem quite expensive, around €1000 for 7 nights but am bit unsure about going totally on my own. Would like a combination of day trips to see main attractions and days on my own to shop/explore or rleax on a beach.

I am 31 so dont really want to get into a group of old fogies or being on a bus all day every day. I had looked at trips organised by traveldepartment.ie, has anyone ever used these or any recommendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,

You are better off booking flights & accommodation seperate to Amalfi,
    You can fly to naples & take train to sorrento

or u can fly to rome & hire a car & drive the amalfi coast,its gorgeous

not much nightlife in sorrento,but its a great base to explore the amalfi

you can take a boat trip to capri,worth it for the day,or take a short train journey to pompeii,definitely worth it!

lots to see & no on the amalfi.

G'Luck

Advertisement