Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editing/production (from the very very beginnng!)

Options
  • 22-03-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi!

I am looking to start a portfolio for journalism over the next few months and I'd like to start doing some travel videos, showing the sights and interviewing locals.

I have absolutely no experience with video recording/editing but I would be looking to post a few videos online.

I know that there's a camcorder at home somewhere which is about 8/9years old but hardly ever used. Would anyone be able to put me in the right direction with regards to equipment to buy, and costs, etc?

Obviously the best value for money would be best. Like I said I literally have no idea where to start so any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Youtube is overflowing with info and tutorials for video production on a budget. An iPhone/Smart phone will give you somewhere to start you are on a serious budget.

As a suggestion of where to start get some sort of editing software and a computer to use it on
    Learn to do basic editing via online tutorials.
    Get a HD camera depending on budget maybe a DSLR (new or 2nd hand)
    Get a tripod
    Get an microphone for the top of it
    Down the road get a Zoom audio recorder
    After maybe a wireless mic that will work with it

Really depends on how profesional you want things to look and sound. But like I said you could start out with an iPhone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 snugburger

recently i got a zoom hn1 and connected it to my nikon 3200 dslr i use to have an me1 but done sevral tests both indoors and outdoors but indoors the audio sucked i now have a 3.5mm jack connected to my nikon 3200 to the zoom hn1,i also got a mount that connects the zoom hn1 to the nikon the audio quality blows me away its broadcast quality,i wish you all the best with your video production stuff.have a look athis clip below my youtube page.

http://youtu.be/Tl7gCEqp-A8

Advertisement