Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Battery Issue

Options
  • 22-03-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭

I have a HKC Secure Watch Alarm system, I have had to replace the battery on it twice in the last 3 years, is this common or could there be a fault with the system, pic of battery below

Also if someone could recommend where I could get a battery in the Naas / Newbridge area, I have no idea where I got the last one and can't seem to find anything online.
    IMAG1140.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

If the control panel is located in the hot press there can be issues with the back up battery lasting as long as it should. You should use a 12V 7Amp battery.

Check the list here for suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

altor wrote: »
    If the control panel is located in the hot press there can be issues with the back up battery lasting as long as it should. You should use a 12V 7Amp battery.

Check the list here for suppliers.

Thanks, the control panel is in the hot press, will the 7 Amp last longer than the 3AH?

Deank wrote: »
    Thanks, the control panel is in the hot press, will the 7 Amp last longer than the 3AH?

It will last longer in the event of a power cut.
    With the heat in the hot press it can make the battery not last as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

altor wrote: »
    It will last longer in the event of a power cut.
    With the heat in the hot press it can make the battery not last as long.

Thanks for all the help, appreciate it.

Deank wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help, appreciate it.

Your welcome,

Always happy to help :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement