If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema setup

Options
  • 22-03-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I am looking for a setup for small home cinema room 5m x 3m (LxW).

There will be approx 4m between screen and the PJ.

I will be using the projector mainly to watch movies and streamed content but I'd also like to be able to watch sports and play some games

Will the input lag be an issue and would upscaling be required to watch SD chanels?

Here are some of the gear I was considering but I am open to suggestions
    Yamaha RX-V373
    Yamaha RX-V673
    Tannoy SFX5.1
    Monitor Audio Vectors 5.1 kit
    [url defaultattr=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/b004jlnzus/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=utf8&psc=1&smid="A1V2LM1T3KAQY2"][/url]Jamo A102HCS6 200W 5.1
    BENQ W1200
    Epson EH-TW5900

I haven't really priced anything yet but my price range is around 1500ish (I know it might be a stretch)

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

mesod wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a setup for small home cinema room 5m x 3m (LxW).

There will be approx 4m between screen and the PJ.

I will be using the projector mainly to watch movies and streamed content but I'd also like to be able to watch sports and play some games

Will the input lag be an issue and would upscaling be required to watch SD chanels?

Here are some of the gear I was considering but I am open to suggestions
    Yamaha RX-V373
    Yamaha RX-V673
    Tannoy SFX5.1
    Monitor Audio Vectors 5.1 kit
    Jamo A102HCS6 200W 5.1
    BENQ W1200
    Epson EH-TW5900

I haven't really priced anything yet but my price range is around 1500ish (I know it might be a stretch)

Thanks
    Mesod,

How about the following?

Yamaha RXV673 - http://www.whathifi.com/review/yamaha-rx-v673
    BENQ W1070 - http://www.benq.com/product/projector/w1070
    Tannoy SFX 5.1 - http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/sfx5.1/tann-sfx5.1-blk

£1349.85

Would be a nice system :)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mesod

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.

That system looks quiet good although I might look to upgrade the projector (I'll decide over the weekend).

What is the cost of delivery to Letterkenny, Co Donegal and what is the best Euro price you can offer?

Also I would like to alternate between using a TV and Projector. Is there a HDMI switch or some such device that would allow me to do this without disconnecting cables etc?

Regards,
    Stephen

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.

That system looks quiet good although I might look to upgrade the projector (I'll decide over the weekend).

What is the cost of delivery to Letterkenny, Co Donegal and what is the best Euro price you can offer?

Also I would like to alternate between using a TV and Projector. Is there a HDMI switch or some such device that would allow me to do this without disconnecting cables etc?

Regards,
    Stephen
    Stephen,

If you need Dual HDMI outs I'd honestly recommend getting a dedicated AVR with 2 HDMi's:

How about this:

Denon AVR2313: http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=HomeTheatre&SubId=AVReceivers&ProductId=AVR2313

BENQ W1070
    Tannoy SFX 5.1

£1369.95 / €1619.99

The AVR2313 is a really fantastic sounding unit and if you were going for it I would opt for either the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 at £299.95 (which would bring the system price to £1449.95/ €1699.99 or the Tannoy TFX 5.1 http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/tfx-5.1/tann-tfx5.1-blk at £249.95 (system price £1399.95 / €1669.99)

Whatever you do allow for some decent interconnects especially a decent HDMI cable it is critical if there is any distance for the HDMI - I know EVERYONE says that there are no differences between HDMI cables - most of those people have not had a projector continually attempt to lock onto a decent signal using a crappy HDMI lead ( sorry if I sound bitter - it's from experience :mad:)

Delivery for the complete system would be approx £20 / €24

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the latest info. I was looking at the reviews and my preference at the moment is:

Denon AVR2313/BENQ W1070/Monitor Audio Vector5.1 

This is a bit over budget so what is the absolute best price you can do at the moment?

Thanks,
    Stephen

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for the latest info. I was looking at the reviews and my preference at the moment is:

Denon AVR2313/BENQ W1070/Monitor Audio Vector5.1 

This is a bit over budget so what is the absolute best price you can do at the moment?

Thanks,
    Stephen

Hi Stephen,

John's price of £1,399.95 is already discounted quite a lot.  No harm asking though.

I'll mention to John that you got back to him :)

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi John/Chris,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've done some research and pricing on your suggested setup.

I'd be happy to go with:

Denon AVR2313: £279.95 (http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avr2113/deno-avr2113-blk)
    Monitor Audio Vector5.1: £299.99 Can't find them on your website but seen them on a rival site (PM me if you want the link)
    BENQ W1070: £699.95 (http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/lcd-and-plasma/projectors)
    That works out at: £1279.89/€1515 ish?

Are you able to price match this price for the full package?

Thanks for your help,
    Stephen

Hi John/Chris,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've done some research and pricing on your suggested setup.

I'd be happy to go with:

Denon AVR2313: £279.95 (http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avr2113/deno-avr2113-blk)
    Monitor Audio Vector5.1: £299.99 Can't find them on your website but seen them on a rival site (PM me if you want the link)
    BENQ W1070: £699.95 (http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/lcd-and-plasma/projectors)
    That works out at: £1279.89/€1515 ish?

Are you able to price match this price for the full package?

Thanks for your help,
    Stephen
    Mesod,

I thought it was the Denon AVR2313 you were interested in? its the one with the dual HDMI outs? the price and the link you have given is for the AVR2113 which is £279.95 (now pretty much sold out) 

If you wanted to go for the:

AVR2313
    W1070
    Vector 5.1
    The price would be £1449.85 (but vector packs are really low in stock!)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for all your help.

What price can you do for the following:

BENQ W1070
    Yamaha RX-V673 (2 hdmi output)
    Monitor Audio Vector5.1 (if still in stock)

What is the warranty and return policy on these items?

Also can the BENQ be easily ceiling mounted?

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for all your help.

What price can you do for the following:

BENQ W1070
    Yamaha RX-V673 (2 hdmi output)
    Monitor Audio Vector5.1 (if still in stock)

What is the warranty and return policy on these items?

Also can the BENQ be easily ceiling mounted?
    Hi Mesod.

The BENQ W1070 is priced at £699.95 (With Free 5 year warranty) - (Stock very tight but available).
    Yamaha RXV673 priced at £449.00.
    Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 priced at £299.95 (Very low stock but still available).

Yamaha products come with a 2 year warranty and Monitor Audio also comes with a 2 year warranty. However if you register you Monitor Audio through their website you will get 5 years on the speakers but still only 2 years on the sub. (5 year only applies if registered and relevant paper work received from them).

Returns policy is unopened or opened there is 7 days to return the goods for a full refund but you must send them back to us yourself and they must be returned complete with all original packaging and Accessories or a 15% handling fee would be applied.

Cheers Guys,

I just noticed your website is selling the BENQ W1200 for the same price.

3D is not really important to me. Other than the 3D functionality is there much difference in the projectors?

Also how do I go about ordering these item and how long would delivery to Letterkenny take?

• Advertisement

Cheers Guys,

I just noticed your website is selling the BENQ W1200 for the same price.

3D is not really important to me. Other than the 3D functionality is there much difference in the projectors?

Also how do I go about ordering these item and how long would delivery to Letterkenny take?

Hi Mesod,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There is a few differences between the two other than the 3D and non 3D.  The 1070 has a better contrast ratio and higher brightness level.  

Also W1200 is now finished with us so I can't get this model anymore :(

If you'd like to order you can get us on 0044 333 900 0070 / 0071 or PM me your number and we can call you.  

On stock we'll need to get the Vector pack and projector in.  Vectors should be in early next week all going well and we could hopefully try and get the  projector in for Friday next week.  

Hope this helps.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.