Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers in cork city

Options
  • 22-03-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi I am looking for a decent hairdressers in cork city that's not crazy expensive! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!! I'm new to cork so I'm lost with where to go. Looking for somewhere decent as I am wanting to go from blonde to brown as well as a new style! Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Sobe Brown's on Morrison's Quay (By the College of Commerce) is supposed to be good.

Tel: 021 422 2407

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kitty22

Thanks! ya they seem good too. I've read some reviews about hair inc and vanity but the posts were pretty old!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

tisnt in town but not too far away Simone Best in mahon/blackrock is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

3 degrees in blackpool, opposite the shopping center near the grotto. My sister and o/h goes there and rate them very highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

The Escape Salon, Imperial Hotel - entrance same as the Spa but you go upstairs. It's a small salon but I think the staff are really friendly, I'm very happy whenever I go there and find it a very relaxed atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

I go to the Hair Bar on Cook street - they are nice and have a special offer running every Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nej2013

Yeah, like the Hair Bar too, but Sobe Brown's as well. Mind you, I've been colouring my hair at home the last few months and it seems just as good. Saves a few pennies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

How much are Sobe Brown's charging these days? I used to go there years ago, and loved it, but had to stop cause it felt like I was being robbed. The prices were ridiculous! Would definitely go back if they were more reasonable, anyone know?

My personal favourite is Kopper in Glanmire but that's no good as you are looking for one in the city, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

I highly recommend Guapa or The Edge. Guapa very funky, The Edge very cutting edge and a lot of their stylists have short hair (which to me says they are not afraid to try something new) and both excellent for colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kitty22

Thanks for all the replies! I ended up going to The Edge. Prices were good and was close by :) I am so delighted with my hair too!! went in with longish blonde hair and came out with shoulder length and full fringe brown hair! :D Would highly recommend! Was going to go to Sobe Browns but seemed a lil on the dear side for me WhiteRoses... heard great things about them too though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 poussin

I recently treated myself to getting my hair done in The Edge Salon Cork city. All I can say is I WILL NEVER BE BACK. It was the worst and most expensive haircut I have ever got costing me 105 euro for a cut and colour. They spent their time trying to sell me shampoos or a new appointment before I even got my hair styled. They have no idea how to style curly hair. I was so embarrassed with my new hairstyle I put my hood up as soon as I left the salon. I told them I did not like it but they seemed a bit annoyed and as they were closing and rushing to finish up and I was the last client there I stupidly left without saying anymore. How hairdressers can charge so much is beyond me. I would not have minded if my hair looked nice but it was just awful awful awful. I will be saving my money the next time and going elsewhere and I hope other people are not as foolish as me :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

poussin wrote: »
    I recently treated myself to getting my hair done in The Edge Salon Cork city. All I can say is I WILL NEVER BE BACK. It was the worst and most expensive haircut I have ever got costing me 105 euro for a cut and colour. They spent their time trying to sell me shampoos or a new appointment before I even got my hair styled. They have no idea how to style curly hair. I was so embarrassed with my new hairstyle I put my hood up as soon as I left the salon. I told them I did not like it but they seemed a bit annoyed and as they were closing and rushing to finish up and I was the last client there I stupidly left without saying anymore. How hairdressers can charge so much is beyond me. I would not have minded if my hair looked nice but it was just awful awful awful. I will be saving my money the next time and going elsewhere and I hope other people are not as foolish as me :mad:.

So surprised to hear that. I've been going to them for years and have always had a great experience with them. A couple of years ago friends booked me for an upstyle elsewhere and it was AWFUL and when I went into the edge as they were closing a couple of the stylists fixed it for me and didn't even want to charge me anything for it.

I appreciate your comment but to me honest it would not surprise me in the least if the hair salon had someone writing their own remarkable comments on this website. They have ruined by hair. I will be taking my comments elsewhere in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

poussin wrote: »
    I appreciate your comment but to me honest it would not surprise me in the least if the hair salon had someone writing their own remarkable comments on this website. They have ruined by hair. I will be taking my comments elsewhere in the future.

It's a bit odd that you would think the first person who posts a differing experience has an association with The Edge. I have no association with them bar being a long standing, satisfied customer. To be honest, if you are that unhappy and feel they have ruined your hair you are mad not to email them or phone them or call in and ask to speak to the manager. If I had spent over €100 and thought my hair was ruined I wouldn't just be anonymously b1tching about it on the internet. I can understand that it might have been hard to do on the day if you were upset about your hair.

I am not b1thcing merely just expressing my opinion like everyone else. I appreciate this is not the place to make further commentary. I did in fact let the hair salon know I did not like my hair cut but they did not offer any solutions. They were more interested in getting me to sign up for a return visit which I will not be doing. This is not the place for further discussion, I realise that now. Enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

Not a fan of The Edge either. Got cut and colour a few months ago and the results were below average - esp considering how much they charged! Took AGES too which may be to justify the prices....they left me sitting there a long time. Wouldn't go back. Went to Darcys in the city today instead and was such a good experience and I'm very happy with the results. The same girl washed, cut and dried my hair as opposed to 5 different people in The Edge. She was quick too and listened to me which I appreciated. I've been to all the highest rated hair salons in the Cork city over the years so I've plenty to compare them against.

Advertisement