Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco

Options
  • 22-03-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

With all the profits Tesco make, they do not supply paper bags for clothings, wines or spirits. I recently purchased some children's clothing and went to pay for them. I asked for a paper bag as my other reusable bags have been used for groceries and are not great to carry new clothing. The only bags they are have plastic and you have to pay for them! Its the same if you buy a bottle of wine or spirits in the off licence, no paper bag for these either.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Whats stopping you using a bag for life, what makes them unsuitable for clothing?

Tesco have to have bags on offer, there's no law that states they must supply free paper bags though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

My Tesco supply paper bags for clothing and paper sleeves or foldable wine boxes for alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

lambkin wrote: »
    With all the profits Tesco make, they do not supply paper bags for clothings, wines or spirits. I recently purchased some children's clothing and went to pay for them. I asked for a paper bag as my other reusable bags have been used for groceries and are not great to carry new clothing. The only bags they are have plastic and you have to pay for them! Its the same if you buy a bottle of wine or spirits in the off licence, no paper bag for these either.

That's terrible, you should complain.

The store should have bags for both, even Dunnes supply bags for clothes and spirits!

Have you voice heard here:

https://www.tescocomments.com/se.ashx?s=2511374573735288

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

As far as I'm aware, some stores run out of those paper bags faster than others and they have to reorder new bags so there would be a certain waiting time until they have the new order.

Advertisement