Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldfish

Options
  • 22-03-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Can several handsets be used with the same number on Goldfish with a single telephone number? They seem to charge for a block of 5 numbers when I only need 1, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Try adding one sip account to all the phones. Not very good practice and goldfish could stop it registering on several phones or limit concurrent calls to 2.

Its designed so you have 1 sip account per device (or phone system).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I thought most providers these days allow for multiple registrations on the one account .... which would mean all registered phones would ring on an incoming call.

If a provider limited this function I would not be happy .... and would likely change provider .....

I can't see them limiting registrations as it would lead to problems having thought about it.

The only difference for you other then the price is that you will only be able to call the other devices via IP and not extn (eg 192.168.XXX.XXX)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 christopher.sm

If more than one SIP device use the same SIP account, only one is registered at any specific time. The last device that send REGISTER message is the one that is registered and incoming calls will go to that device.

^ This is correct.

• Advertisement
Advertisement