Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros - O2 Dublin 16th November 2013

Options
  • 22-03-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Icelandic euphoric post rockers Sigur Rós have just announced that they will headline The O2, Dublin on Saturday 16th November to kick off the next leg of their tour. Tickets are on sale this Thursday, 28 March at 9am from Ticketmaster Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Sweet, missed them at EP last year and wasn't sure when I'd get another chance to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Nice. Didn't think they'd be big enough for the O2, especially given the latest direction they taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Excellent - didn't float my boat at EP last year as the first 30 minutes was so downbeat.

Standalone show @ the O2 should suit them better - and delighted that it's a Saturday night.

Will be heading along...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Nice. Didn't think they'd be big enough for the O2, especially given the latest direction they taken.

This will sell out. Might even be a second night.

lordgoat wrote: »
    This will sell out. Might even be a second night.

I wouldn't be so sure. Did the Olympia show sell out when they were touring Takk...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It didn't sell out instantly but it certainly sold out pretty quickly and there was plenty of demand for tickets after. I reckon the good tickets on this will sell out fairly smart but the nosebleeds will hang around for a while after. Wouldn't think a second night will happen to be honest.

Toast wrote: »
    It didn't sell out instantly but it certainly sold out pretty quickly and there was plenty of demand for tickets after. I reckon the good tickets on this will sell out fairly smart but the nosebleeds will hang around for a while after. Wouldn't think a second night will happen to be honest.

Yeah, checking old posts, it looks like it sold out in about a week.

That said, I would be very surprised if they sold out the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Saw them in Glasgow at the SECC a few weeks ago, superb gig, real return to form for me. Obviously nothing will ever beat seeing them supporting Godspeed! You Black Emperor in the TBMC (as was) years ago, that was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

saw them in brixton a couple of weeks ago. the gig was excellent. they're not made for outdoor at a festival, so i wouldn't be too downbeat about any EP gigs they had.
    i'd imagine there'd be plenty going to this from the UK too. all the gigs here were sold out.

LeftBlank wrote: »

Yeah, checking old posts, it looks like it sold out in about a week.

That said, I would be very surprised if they sold out the O2.

Course it sold out. That show will be 3 albums ago and yep it'll sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It will 100% sell out, but not straight away. Gotta get my tickets that Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Srianadh

Any idea on what price tickets will be? Thursday is pay day and I may feel the need to splurge! (If my overdraft isn't too big by then).

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Nice one, I'll be using O2 priority for this.
    Srianadh wrote: »
    Any idea on what price tickets will be? Thursday is pay day and I may feel the need to splurge! (If my overdraft isn't too big by then).

40 euro according to O2's blueroom page.

http://blueroom.o2online.ie/Artists/Sigur-Ros.aspx

All tickets are 40e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Best birthday present I could ask for!!!! It will be the second time I am going to see them, the first back in 2003 was one of the most important live music experiences of my life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

I thought they were deadly at EP. Even the sound check was musical.

Does anyone know will this be all seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

At present, the accompanying floor plan on Ticketmaster is fully seated, though that could be an error. It has happened in the past that the default floor plan was amended before it went on sale.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Anyone familiar with the o2 able to suggest which would be the best seats to go for if given the choice? Or am I overthinking it and is it the closer the better?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I just bought standing on http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/presale/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

atgate wrote: »

Some nice seats available there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

What exactly are the early entry tickets? Any reason not to get them?

What exactly are the early entry tickets? Any reason not to get them?

They will get you in at 6:00 and everyone else will have to wait for 6:30.

When they played in the Olympia, the tickets from Sigur Ros site came with a wirstband for the pit and that worked really well.

Early entry tickets are gone. Managed to grab 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Know what these are?

(+Applicable tax, shipping and handling costs)

??

vicwatson wrote: »
    Know what these are?

(+Applicable tax, shipping and handling costs)

??

€39.54 each plus shipping 6.98 (the shipping was for two).

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Some nice seats available there as well

Bought seating tickets but no indication of where they are at all for me?

Bought seating tickets but no indication of where they are at all for me?

The blue areas are where the Band's allocation are:
    map-dublin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Very nice seats alright, thanks for that!

• Advertisement

Missed out on the early entry tickets, anyone know if there will be more available on the O2 priority bookings on Thursday?

Think ill hold out until then as I'd rather just have my ticket emailed to me rather than wait for the official site to post it to me.

Advertisement