Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros - O2 Dublin 16th November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

What is the advantage of an early entry ticket if you have assigned seating?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Zero advantage, unless you want to get to the merchandise stall first. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Toast wrote: »
    What is the advantage of an early entry ticket if you have assigned seating?

I don't think the seats had early entry? Might be wrong booked them in a daze this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

lordgoat wrote: »

I don't think the seats had early entry? Might be wrong booked them in a daze this morning.

The seats did not have early entry.

Mascher wrote: »
    Missed out on the early entry tickets, anyone know if there will be more available on the O2 priority bookings on Thursday?

Think ill hold out until then as I'd rather just have my ticket emailed to me rather than wait for the official site to post it to me.

Never say never bur I would doubt there'll be any more early entry tickets.

• Advertisement

Mascher wrote: »
    Missed out on the early entry tickets, anyone know if there will be more available on the O2 priority bookings on Thursday?

Think ill hold out until then as I'd rather just have my ticket emailed to me rather than wait for the official site to post it to me.

Never say never bur I would doubt there'll be any more early entry tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Standing tickets bought through o2 presale.

Roger Waters, Sigur Ros and what sounds like a Tindersticks Greatest Hits set - Autumn is shaping up nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Tickets booked :)

Lumineers, Kodaline, Stereophonics and Sigur Ros all in the space of less than 2 weeks. Can't wait for November! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Standing tickets bought through o2 presale.

Roger Waters, Sigur Ros and what sounds like a Tindersticks Greatest Hits set - Autumn is shaping up nicely :)

I thought it was all seated?

I got my tickets this morning. Anyone familiar with the O2 layout, is section GA1 any good?

Akrasia wrote: »
    I thought it was all seated?

I got my tickets this morning. Anyone familiar with the O2 layout, is section GA1 any good?

Nope it's not all seated. GA1 is a standing ticket AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Oh, ok, so GA1 means general admission I presume..

Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I was wondering would they be good/too low key for a live gig but this changed my mind 100%

dinneenp wrote: »
    I was wondering would they be good/too low key for a live gig but this changed my mind 100%

They're amazing live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

If they can sell out madison square garden they can easily sell out minnie tiny O2, question is if there's enough audience for them in this country swamped by ****ty music. Pink is selling out every year she comes, rihanna too, as well as lady gaga. So I am asking WTF ?!

Carpentry wrote: »
    If they can sell out madison square garden they can easily sell out minnie tiny O2, question is if there's enough audience for them in this country swamped by ****ty music. Pink is selling out every year she comes, rihanna too, as well as lady gaga. So I am asking WTF ?!

The O2 has a 15k capacity. MSG is 20k. There is about 20 million people in the NY State versus 4 million people in Ireland. There really is no comparison.

Also I wouldn't get too angry at people considering Sigur Ros fans can't even agree on the pronunciation of the band name let alone what the hell the third album is called. You can see why they might be slightly inaccessible to the sort of people who like the pop acts you listed. However I reckon if there was a decent advertising campaign done a lot more regular joes probably would get the tickets after realising this was the band that does that music from that movie, ad, sports show etc.

Toast wrote: »
    However I reckon if there was a decent advertising campaign done a lot more regular joes probably would get the tickets after realising this was the band that does that music from that movie, ad, sports show etc.

Toasty, i thought you'd know better. They don't let their music be used in ads/shows. But I understand what you mean...

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/homage-or-fromage.php

and a bit more here. Very interesting about the beeb and a blanket rate...

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/homage-or-fromage-part-deux/

lordgoat wrote: »
    Toasty, i thought you'd know better.

Would you believe me if I said I actually have read that page in the past? ;) By ads I meant more tv promo spots, trailers and the like but I'd probably have corrected someone else saying the same thing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

anyone remember Miranda Sex Garden?
    the climax of some of their songs remind me vaguely of the clip I posted above

If anyone hasn't seen it yet the first single from the new album is out and has a very industrial feel to the sound/video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

WTF indeed ... I think you'll find Pink, Rihanna and Lady Gaga easily sell out Madison Sq Gardens too ... whats your point ?

• Advertisement

Someone was saying they cannot sell out O2. I just said they can.
    Tasteless society. This is my point. To many people excited by the plastic music and artists making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Super excited for this already :D Tickets were really reasonably priced too, which is nice. Anybody know the amount of standing tickets released for this? Looks fairly small from the floor plan, but I reckon that'll be kinda cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Someone was saying they cannot sell out O2. I just said they can.
    Tasteless society. This is my point. To many people excited by the plastic music and artists making it.

So they will sell out the o2 because nobody likes good music here?

So they will sell out the o2 because nobody likes good music here?

This is exactly what I think. Where are the people like you coming from....Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Well it's what you posted.

Well it's what you posted.

Well, you misinterpret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Saw them in Boston last week and they were simply stunning.

Just bought two standing tickets for the Dublin show.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Only picked up my first Sigur Rós album today (Ágætis Byrjun, because I had heard Svefn-g-englar and loved it), plan to go to the gig, don't really know what to expect. I take it they are impressive live?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Only picked up my first Sigur Rós album today (Ágætis Byrjun, because I had heard Svefn-g-englar and loved it), plan to go to the gig, don't really know what to expect. I take it they are impressive live?

They can be decent live, but I've seen them being pretty boring too.

Their albums haven't maintained the impressive standard of the first two in my opinion.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They can be decent live, but I've seen them being pretty boring too.

Their albums haven't maintained the impressive standard of the first two in my opinion.

Disagree with alot of that. Takk is my favourite album and I think musically there's streets ahead of where they were after their first two albums. Especially when they play the older songs live. So much more confident and big sounding.

But hey each to their own.

Also live I've never been disappointed.

Advertisement