Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros - O2 Dublin 16th November 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

lordgoat wrote: »
    Disagree with alot of that. Takk is my favourite album and I think musically there's streets ahead of where they were after their first two albums. Especially when they play the older songs live. So much more confident and big sounding.

But hey each to their own.

Also live I've never been disappointed.

I was moderately disappointed by the Olympia show because at times it really looked like they were going through the motions and they didn't seem to be that into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Has anyone who ordered from the presale on the Sigur Ros website received their tickets yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

bovril wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered from the presale on the Sigur Ros website received their tickets yet?

Pretty sure it said they wouldn't be sent until a couple of weeks before the gig.

Thanks. I thought I read that they would be delivered any time up to a week before the gig alright. Other ticket sites say that too but they tend to send them out quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

a few days ahead of release, the entire album is available to stream on their site.... http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not doing it for me. I'm losing interest in them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Listened to Brennistein this morning of the new album. Thought it was very good.

Big step up from most of the songs of the last album, except maybe 3 songs. That being said, in it's entirety, I did enjoy Valtari. It's just that it requires a particular mood i.e. not one for the headphones to get pumped up for the big match!!

Anyway looking forward to November. Saw them years ago in the Olympia. Gave €100 to the touts for the ticket, but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

hhhmmm.. I'm going to They Might Be Giants on the following Monday, wonder can I make a weekend out of it and see Sigur Ros as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Sigur ros (awesome intimate band) + O2 (sterile, soul-less cash extractor) = no thanks.

Amazed if they even sell out a single night.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

they're playing wembley arena on this tour too, so they're obviously stepping up from the likes of the olympia and brixton academy. will be interesting to see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

quarryman wrote: »
    Sigur ros (awesome intimate band) + O2 (sterile, soul-less cash extractor) = no thanks.

Amazed if they even sell out a single night.

:(
    Soul-less, cash extractor!
    Compare it to how the venue was before and it's now 10 times better.
    View the stage from
    Anywhere
    Easy & quick to get to the bar
    Multiple entry points

As for being as cash extractor, that's what all venues are. I don't know of any venues that pay you to see bands.

Would you prefer them to play a smaller venue and not be able to get a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

I got mine delivered to me not long after I bought them....

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

I'm still waiting for my presale tickets... anyone else in the same boat? I'm starting to get worried!

cjlawlor wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my presale tickets... anyone else in the same boat? I'm starting to get worried!

Yes still waiting. :(

Ok. Glad I'm not the only one! I suppose the email confirmation says "Physical tickets ship no later than 10 days prior to the event" so it could be a while...

cjlawlor wrote: »
    Ok. Glad I'm not the only one! I suppose the email confirmation says "Physical tickets ship no later than 10 days prior to the event" so it could be a while...

Yep but the problem I have with that is there doesn't give much leeway for if there is a problem with shipping :(. I don't know if there is much we can do though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yep but the problem I have with that is there doesn't give much leeway for if there is a problem with shipping :(. I don't know if there is much we can do though.

I'm in
    The same boat and I've since moved house. Not worried though as what will happen is you can arrange to collect the tickets at the venue if you report that you didn't get them.

Ok, I can relax. I just got this email from Topspin media who sold the tickets for the gig -

'Thanks for your email!

I understand the tickets for this show are due to be sent out in the first week of August.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do to help out!

All the best,
    Jim'

Just got a mail yesterday to say the tickets (pre order from Sigur Ros website) had been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Just got a mail yesterday to say the tickets (pre order from Sigur Ros website) had been shipped.
    Same.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Bought my ticket today. Was a bit undecided if I would buy sitting or standing, in the end I bought a standing.

Do we know if this sells well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

they're playing a set on bbc 6 music right now, video streaming here and on bbc red button

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e96g9r

should've posted this earlier, but it'll be up there for a while to watch again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭Aotearoa

looking forward to this big time

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

My tickets still haven't arrived from ticketmaster....anyone else the same?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tickets arrived a good while ago from ticketmaster.

Funnily enough almost didn't get them though. Were delivered around the time of severe rain and flooding in Dublin and my girlfriends neighbour found them outside her house.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Ah Crap!! Bought the tickets back in March I think, surprised they havent arrived by now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I Break Horses are supporting for the UK dates, might be the same for the Dublin date.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I Break Horses are supporting for the UK dates, might be the same for the Dublin date.

I would love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

lordgoat wrote: »
    I would love that.

I checked their website and it appears to be true

http://www.ibreakhorses.se/

(dates are on the left hand side, down the page)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

anybody else too broke to go? :(

Advertisement