Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigur Ros - O2 Dublin 16th November 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Not me! Got my early entry tickets locked away safely. From looking at Toutless though, you might pick up a ticket for less than face value if you wait until closer to the gig. Seems to be a fair few standing tickets floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

What time do people think the band will get out onto the stage? I'm very strongly considering going to the Ire-Aus match in the nearby Aviva earlier in the evening, the match starts at 5.45pm so am guessing will be over by 7.30pm. Really want to do both but not if the former will adversely impact the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ionapaul wrote: »
    What time do people think the band will get out onto the stage? I'm very strongly considering going to the Ire-Aus match in the nearby Aviva earlier in the evening, the match starts at 5.45pm so am guessing will be over by 7.30pm. Really want to do both but not if the former will adversely impact the latter!

Usually in the O2, the main band is on stage between 8:30 and 9:00, depending how long their set is.
    Having in mind that doors open at 6:30 and there is an opening act, I reckon you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ionapaul wrote: »
    What time do people think the band will get out onto the stage?
    You can ring most venues on the day and they usually know. They would have to give all the crews a time estimate and venues to not want them all sitting around waiting.

As above 8.30-9 would be the usual in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Anyone know if there's ever a pit in the O2. I have early entry tickets so I'm hoping for a wristband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

atgate wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's ever a pit in the O2. I have early entry tickets so I'm hoping for a wristband.

no pit or wristband system in the 02 since it was done up as far as i know. there was a pit before as the seating could be taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

ad in indo today says this is sold out - given the amount of advertising going on the radio i assume this is crap?!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

roll wrote: »
    ad in indo today says this is sold out - given the amount of advertising going on the radio i assume this is crap?!

well there's no tickets available on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

zac8 wrote: »
    well there's no tickets available on ticketmaster.

that would have been the intelligent thing to do!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

lots available on www.toutless.com so you'll pay face value or possibly less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Any know what time they are expected to come on stage?
    Any support act??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭gubber

Any know what time they are expected to come on stage?
    Any support act??

Don't know what time they're supposed to go on at but these guys are supporting:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nicell

I would say 8.45 to 9 but I don't know

Depeche Mode were scheduled to go on at 8.40 but came on at 9 - that was last Saturday.

For the guy going to the match, you should be fine but are unlikely to make it to Ringsend long before 8pm- perhaps 7.45 at a stretch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 paganji

Now that was one unforgettable show. Sigur Ros really know how to put on a gig, it was an audio visual work of art.

However, I was very disappointed with the amount of people talking and chatting loudly during the show. I don't understand why people bother going to a gig like this and just yap away as if they were in a pub with a Sigur Ros CD on in the background. Its very distracting to the real music lovers who were there to absorb the experience, and hugely disrespectful to a great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

paganji wrote: »
    Now that was one unforgettable show. Sigur Ros really know how to put on a gig, it was an audio visual work of art.

However, I was very disappointed with the amount of people talking and chatting loudly during the show. I don't understand why people bother going to a gig like this and just yap away as if they were in a pub with a Sigur Ros CD on in the background. Its very distracting to the real music lovers who were there to absorb the experience, and hugely disrespectful to a great band.

I had the exact same experience. Like being in a bar with Sigur Ros on the PA. It was like everyone in the crowd around me was just waiting for Hoppipolla because they wouldn't shut up during the rest of the gig. Sigur Ros themselves were flawless!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

paganji wrote: »

Sigur got infected by the disease too so??

Why cant people just shut the f**k up or stay at home? Grrrrrrrr:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Yeah it was bad at times. Especially during quite parts of songs, you had idiots screaming.

The people around me were constantly on their phones, either taking pics, filming it, or on facebook or twitter.

It didn't bother me too much, but why cant people just put the phones away for two hours and watch and enjoy the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Try being next to 4 drunk American girls, and a drunk dude who doesn't know tempo / beat / when to stop clapping. :P

Amazing gig though! One of the finest I've been to! I was not expecting Sigur Ros to sell THAT many tickets, but the atmosphere left me fairly surprised!

Can anyone provide a setlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

n2eEXbhl.jpg

lM16mW4l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Loved the gig, was up near the front and not many people chatting during songs but a lot of pictures and even worse, videos. Only bad point was when this coked up couple pushed all the way to the front and started dancing on top of people in the encore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

But adored the gig, as beautiful as I expected and jonsi was fantastic. Was glad the big sheet didn't last longer than a few songs.

Anybody get the name of the support group? They were super. Singer was absolutely adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

But adored the gig, as beautiful as I expected and jonsi was fantastic. Was glad the big sheet didn't last longer than a few songs.

Anybody get the name of the support group? They were super. Singer was absolutely adorable.

I break horses

Gig was fantastic was nearly reduced to tears several times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I was one of the first people in - got pretty much dead centre in the front row. I had no problems with people chatting. Amazing show, so much better than the Olympia. The band, especially Jonsi, really seemed to be enjoying themselves. The addition of the full band was a great idea, hearing Olsen Olsen with the horn section was worth waiting all these years for.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Excellent gig, decent set too although any set would be decent for Sigur Ros. People constantly chatting was a small bit annoying alright. But sure what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

Xinkai wrote: »
    Try being next to 4 drunk American girls, and a drunk dude who doesn't know tempo / beat / when to stop clapping. :P

Amazing gig though! One of the finest I've been to! I was not expecting Sigur Ros to sell THAT many tickets, but the atmosphere left me fairly surprised!

Can anyone provide a setlist?

Hey Xinkai, were you at the standing area very close to the stage? Me and my sister were unfortunate to be standing in front of 4 really loud, drunk, annoying American girls too. Won't stop talking. Bitches won't shut up and would say OHMYGODOHMYGOD every few songs or so. Went ape**** when Hoppipolla was played.

Or maybe you were at a different area?

Anyway, my 2 cents. I was lucky to be able to stand a few feet away from the stage and I could see the whole band (I'm a short person, so I consider this a big deal!). Visuals were stunning and loved concert the experience overall. I was ready to die and go to heaven when they played Popplagid at the end. Magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

First time seeing the band after years of loving their stuff and had always somehow managed to not make any gig they done here. It was absolutely perfect.

(Apart from the crew of D4 ****heads a few rows from the front going on about where their other two mates were for the first 5 or 6 songs, i turned and snarled at them to keep it down and then laughed to myself as one of them said "Oh my god how rude is he?")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Ah now wouldn't call them bitches, that's a bit of a harsh judgement.

People having fun in a different way we expect or a different way we are doesn't make them bad people.

But yes, they were annoying lol. I was close to the front, just off to the left of the stage. I apologize if I got in your way, I am quite tall xD

Hope you had fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

People having fun in a different way we expect or a different way we are doesn't make them bad people.

But yes, they were annoying lol. I was close to the front, just off to the left of the stage. I apologize if I got in your way, I am quite tall xD

Hope you had fun!

Ahh I was so pumped up by the music and irritated by the women during the gig, I was harsh I guess, didn't mean to :P

That's cool! Yes I enjoyed the concert very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Hope you had fun!

Na.

When you pay a fair bit of cash to see and hear an act you love, the last thing you want is idiots talking (you could do that outside or in a bar) or worse, screaming for no reason.

Then you have the absolute selfish as$holes who keep messing with phones and taking pics and videos. Just fu(k off please.

This crap puts me off going to see big acts. too many irritating things like this.

Oh how I long for the pre "smart" phone days and when decibels levels were through the roof and you couldnt hear idiots talking schite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Really enjoyed tonight, what a great gig. Amazing performance by Sigur Ros. Thought the support act were good too.

Advertisement