Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Re-opened Now] M1 closed at Junction 5 due to flooding

Options
  • 22-03-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Due to the fabulous weather we're having I have been keeping a close eye on the traffic situation. Just saw this reported on AA roadwatch

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Story.aspx?id=134550

They advise taking an alternative route, but I am just wondering if any of you kind folks still in the area can advise what the national roads are like? I can't imagine they are great either? If I come off at swords, what is the old road like to Balbriggan? Or alternatively I can go M50, back of the airport, naul - but I know that route is pretty prone to flooding too.

I can only imagine it will get worse over the next few hours not better, so I am going to try and get out of work early, but how early is the question???? What kind of a gridlock situation are we facing???

If anyone is in the area who can report on what the situation is I would greatly appreciate it!

thanks!

Comments

Advertisement