Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure 5 Mile Sunday May 19th

Options
  • 22-03-2013 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Following the great success of last year’s race, Sportsworld Running club are pleased to announce that this year’s Terenure 5 mile in aid of the Jack and Jill Foundation, with main sponsor Zurich Insurance plc will be held on Sunday May 19th @ 11.00am.

Now in its 29th year this year’s Terenure 5 mile fun run and race (formerly known as the Dublin 5 mile classic) will be bigger & better than ever following record entries in 2012. We have the same superb venue – Terenure College and with probably the flattest course in Dublin this will ensure a most enjoyable race. The race features include:
    • Fast flat AAI (Athletics Ireland) certified course
    • Chip timing for all runners, joggers etc
    • High quality technical T-shirt
    • €4,000 in prizes along with numerous spot prizes
    • Post race refreshments, plus full facilities, showers, car parking etc
    • Entry fee maintained at €20 and includes on-line registration fee
    • Registration for group entries is €18 for groups of 6 or more
    • Registration for schools is €120 per school, which includes up to 10 pupils
    Please visit www.terenure5mile.com for further detail and online entry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I've heard awful reports about the club hosting this race. Apparently recent standards are waaay down!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

ha....I recently joined the club.....must be dragging them down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

belcarra wrote: »
    I've heard awful reports about the club hosting this race. Apparently recent standards are waaay down!:D

:D - You gonna do it this year, have you cracked 30 mins yet?
    statss wrote: »
    ha....I recently joined the club.....must be dragging them down...

Make yourself known statss and we'll find a job for you on the day. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

care to share your reports?

emerald007 wrote: »

care to share your reports?
    The acquisition of digger is the only evidence!
    It's actually a great event, well worth doing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is this still a 2 lap course?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

au contraire, I heard their over 65 team was doing very well ;)

Is this still a 2 lap course?

same big lap, small lap course as last year

digger2d2 wrote: »
    :D - You gonna do it this year, have you cracked 30 mins yet?
    I don't have time to be training for all them sprint races!!
    I think my PB is 33:xx. So, as for sub 30, well that's a way off yet.
    (still have to nail my sub 20 5k!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

RayCun wrote: »
    same big lap, small lap course as last year

You say that as if I might know what it was last year. :)

I've a half marathon with a swim/bike warm up the day before. Might do this as a recovery run. :) CL keeps promising to do some baking so I'll turn up hoping. :)

• Advertisement

Some cross training followed by a jog, somewhere between 11 and 13 miles long?:) Sounds like a decent warmup, whet your appetite for a proper race :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesdarabrady

This is the first race I had run since I was a kid. Did it in 2011 and ended up joining the club and running the marathon that October.

It's a great race and its honestly a great and friendly club. Proud to be a member :-)

This is the first race I had run since I was a kid. Did it in 2011 and ended up joining the club and running the marathon that October.

It's a great race and its honestly a great and friendly club. Proud to be a member :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I don't have time to be training for all them sprint races!!
    I think my PB is 33:xx. So, as for sub 30, well that's a way off yet.
    (still have to nail my sub 20 5k!)

I cant do this either, Have to go on a marathon drinking session that day, end of football season sure.

Following the great success of last year’s race, Sportsworld Running club are pleased to announce that this year’s Terenure 5 mile in aid of the Jack and Jill Foundation, with main sponsor Zurich Insurance plc will be held on Sunday May 19th @ 11.00am.

Now in its 29th year this year’s Terenure 5 mile fun run and race (formerly known as the Dublin 5 mile classic) will be bigger & better than ever following record entries in 2012. We have the same superb venue – Terenure College and with probably the flattest course in Dublin this will ensure a most enjoyable race. The race features include:
    • Fast flat AAI (Athletics Ireland) certified course
    • Chip timing for all runners, joggers etc
    • High quality technical T-shirt
    • €4,000 in prizes along with numerous spot prizes
    • Post race refreshments, plus full facilities, showers, car parking etc
    • Entry fee maintained at €20 and includes on-line registration fee
    • Registration for group entries is €18 for groups of 6 or more
    • Registration for schools is €120 per school, which includes up to 10 pupils
    Please visit www.terenure5mile.com for further detail and online entry.

Numbers filling up nicely..... Are YOU in? The fast course is perfect for a 5 mile PB, no matter what your level, to set you up for the Summer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Numbers filling up nicely..... Are YOU in? The fast course is perfect for a 5 mile PB, no matter what your level, to set you up for the Summer :D
    I'm in....there's a sub 35 with my name on it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The week before my stag, and up the road from my gaff, but racing the previous two weekends - decisions decisions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Very tempted to give this a go. Will there be entries on the day?

There are entries on the day but its €20 to enter on-line and €25 on the day. Definitely better to sign up in advance :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

There are entries on the day but its €20 to enter on-line and €25 on the day. Definitely better to sign up in advance :-)
    Thanks for that but I'll probably leave it till the morning and see what way the wind is blowing :)

• Advertisement

The week before my stag, and up the road from my gaff, but racing the previous two weekends - decisions decisions..

Starts and finishes outside the old Alma Mater as well ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Registered for this but no sign of a confirmation email or anything. Hope I didn't enter my details incorrectly !!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Just signed up!

adrian522 wrote: »
    Registered for this but no sign of a confirmation email or anything. Hope I didn't enter my details incorrectly !!

PM me your details and I'll try find out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

adrian522 wrote: »

Same here. Will I do the same?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Same here. Will I do the same?

Did the site indicate you'd get an email confirmation?

I can't remember. It's a while since I signed up. With it being so close now I thought I'd have got a reminder or something. I wasn't worried as I'm sure I entered the correct details but if you're able to check that would be great?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Guys you should have received an email confirmation from active global.

All entrants will receive another email before the race.

If you have concerns first try logging into run Ireland or send an email to info@terenure5mile.com with you name and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.

Thanks

Checked it there. All sorted. nothing to worry about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

I can sign into Active Global but not Run Ireland and has similar trouble before and had to setup a totally new account.

Advertisement