Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure 5 Mile Sunday May 19th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

thanks to everyone from tallaght ac for one of the best run races will be back next year :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

SORRY put last message in wrong thred :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Nice video of the finish from last year. Jump to 2:30 to see one of the Raheny girls being forcibly removed from the premises by ronnie delany's doppelganger.......comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

this is my first ever organised race. im fit enough from football 2/3 times a week. hope all goes well for my first ever thing like this and hopefully move up to a 10 mile then a full marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Registrations are coming in thick and fast but there are still some t-shirts remaining. Registration will close at 4.00pm on Saturday 18th May for on-line entries. You can also register on the day before 10:00 AM. Thanks to everyone who has entered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looking forward to this one. Only started running last year in March and the Terenure 5 miler was my second ever race, and this year it'll be my first return race, so I have a time to beat. Was a shade under 45 mins last year, hoping to take 5 mins off that this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

PauloMN wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one. Only started running last year in March and the Terenure 5 miler was my second ever race, and this year it'll be my first return race, so I have a time to beat. Was a shade under 45 mins last year, hoping to take 5 mins off that this time.

looking to get around that time too. probably finish at the same time :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

MarkY91 wrote: »
    looking to get around that time too. probably finish at the same time :D

I'll be in the Trim AC vertical red candystripes, easy to spot!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Barbaramc

gmurran wrote: »
    Registrations are coming in thick and fast but there are still some t-shirts remaining. Registration will close at 4.00pm on Saturday 18th May for on-line entries. You can also register on the day before 10:00 AM. Thanks to everyone who has entered.

Hey. Glad you've got good numbers. Just wondering can you please give some information regarding the day, i'm signed up and haven't heard anything yet regarding times / registration area etc.

Cheers
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

Barbaramc wrote: »
    Hey. Glad you've got good numbers. Just wondering can you please give some information regarding the day, i'm signed up and haven't heard anything yet regarding times / registration area etc.

Cheers
    B

I would also like information about registration etc thank you.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys there will be an email going out tomorrow (Thursday) to everyone that has entered with specific details for registrations.

If you have any questions that aren't answered you can message me here or send an email to info@terenure5mile.com

Hope you have a good run. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

where will be good for parking?

I am coming from m50

Thank you to those who have entered the 2013 Terenure 5 mile in aid of the Jack and Jill foundation with support from main sponsor Zurich Insurance Ireland

Numbers & Tee shirts can be picked up:

Saturday between 12.00miday and 3.00pm in the Sportsworld Clubhouse beside the tennis courts at the main entrance to Bushy Park.

Sunday morning between 8.15am and 10.00am in the registration hall in Terenure College

On race morning:

There is parking in the College grounds or car pool if you can or walk, limited parking Terenure so please come early.

The race starts at 11.00am sharp ( Walkers start 20 minutes beforehand at 10.40am)

There are over 1000 entrants so come early to avoid delays.

Terenure Directions: Go in the main gate off Templeogue Rd and go left at 1st. junction. Gym is along on the right at rear of large car park.

Thank you to those who have entered the 2013 Terenure 5 mile in aid of the Jack and Jill foundation with support from main sponsor Zurich Insurance Ireland

Numbers & Tee shirts can be picked up:

Saturday between 12.00miday and 3.00pm in the Sportsworld Clubhouse beside the tennis courts at the main entrance to Bushy Park.

Sunday morning between 8.15am and 10.00am in the registration hall in Terenure College

On race morning:

There is parking in the College grounds or car pool if you can or walk, limited parking Terenure so please come early.

The race starts at 11.00am sharp ( Walkers start 20 minutes beforehand at 10.40am)

There are over 1000 entrants so come early to avoid delays.

Terenure Directions: Go in the main gate off Templeogue Rd and go left at 1st. junction. Gym is along on the right at rear of large car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Humm simple url to google maps

http://goo.gl/maps/yHUOs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Trampas wrote: »
    where will be good for parking?

I am coming from m50

Trampas, take the Tallaght exit, drive toward town, go past the Spawell complex, continue through Templeogue village and another mile or so down you will see Terenure College on your left and Bushy Park on your right.... Keep driving until you see the entrance gate to Terenure College.... Enter here and take next left and then next right

Can I pick up my mates number when I collect mine?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are there entries on the day yah?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

it's €20 for online entry up to 4pm today, and €25 for on the day entry. not sure what time you'd have to be there for though, website says you can collect numbers up to 10am, so presumably you'd have to be there early enough to register too.

• Advertisement

Register up until 4PM today guys online for €20

http://www.activeglobal.com/gl/running/dublin-ireland/terenure-5-mile-2013

You can also register in person today at the Sportsworld Club house in Bushy Park Terenure between 12PM and 3PM or tomorrow between 8.30 and no later than 10:15. (€25 on the day)

Just to be upfront we are now well over 1000 entries so whilst you are still making a good donation to the Jack and Jill only the first 1000 entries will get a t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

I would not bother picking up today. Went down, queued up to be told to come back tomorrow to get shirt. One person says before race, another says after race and another says come early i think they didnt order enough. Messy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

SnailsPace wrote: »
    I would not bother registering today. Went down, queued up to be told to come back tomorrow to get shirt. One person says before race, another says after race and another says come early i think they didnt order enough. Messy

Do you mean to register or just pick up number? Was about to head down there soon but don't want to be queuing for ages only to be told come back in morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

Weetabix wrote: »
    Do you mean to register or just pick up number? Was about to head down there soon but don't want to be queuing for ages only to be told come back in morning!

Picking up, queues out the door, only to have to do it all again tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Picked up my number and T-shirt there now, no queues at all.

Tie shirts there I was in and out setting a new PB for registration.

A big apology to anyone who got unduly delayed today collecting their numbers and t-shirts. We didn't have use of the hall in Terenure and clubhouse was a bit too small to handle the early rush of people.

T-shirts should have been handed out to people. Please rest assured if you were in the first 1000 you will get a tshirt

Registration is open from 8.15 tomorrow morning and online for another 30 minutes ( 4 PM).

With sunshine expected and plenty of volunteers tomorrow will run smoothly.

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

is that the 1st 1000 to reg, finishers or collect their number?

It the first 1000 entrants on the website

http://www.terenure5mile.com/

As the race is to raise funds for the Jack and Jill we have to be very cautious with ordering t-shirts. We have had 500 extra entries online in the past 5 days. It is next to impossible to predict the numbers in advance.

We acknowledged people like a tshirt but rest assured a great charity will benefit.

Thanks to everyone taking part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Trampas wrote: »
    is that the 1st 1000 to reg, finishers or collect their number?

Reg as far as I know. I'm just home from picking up number, in and out in under 5 mins as well, no issues at all.

Advertisement