Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help - just bought site from flippa.com - need some advice

Options
  • 22-03-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, Im just wondering If anyone can offer their advice. I just purchase a site from flippa.com, and before I transfer the money over I just want to make sure there's nothing I missed or should try double check beforehand.

The listing is https://flippa.com/2902230-hot-product-2k-month-no-touch-easy-to-run-ready-to-own

The website Is earnmoneysites.com.

I would really appreciate any advise anyone can give on this matter, or what they think about the site In general. Its the first site Ive bought from flippa and the last thing I want is to get ripped off on my first buy.

Regards

Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Uniques (3 month avg) 1,500

Gross Revenue (3 month avg) $1,534

I smell a something stinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbie.dub

Hey Jhegarty,
    Thanks for the reply.

He told me in the last 6 months he has done two advertisement campaigns, worth 200 dollars each, and he has limited himself to 4 sales a month as he has other commitments, and he gets a lot of returning customers. He has shown his proof of earnings on the listing he has posted copies of his paypal payments received for the last few months. But again they could be doctored. He wants to use Escrow to protect himself and me In the transaction. I dont know what to think, he seems trustworthy, but it nearly seems to good to be true. Is there anything else I could ask for that could give me peace of mind In this transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I hope you take my advice on board - Do NOT buy this website -

- Ask him to install google analytics for 1 day and make you a user on the site to check his legitmacy - he will give you bull**** excuses.
    - He knows enough about marketing online to be able to get a website to this level of revenue but does NOT use google analytic s ?? Were talking about significant revenue that people work hard for he he walces in with vagueness

"That amount of UV's is achievable by just building a site, and letting it sit with no SEO work performed on it. I've done it several times in the past. The visits do come from the paid campaigns, as well as people that have bookmarked the site directly from the campaigns, referrals, etc..."

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/Ruby-on-Rails-analytics/Analytics-rating.html

This is HIGHLY interesting - ^^ I have experience but i dont, ??? The visits he claims i can nearly GUARANTEE are ALL paid traffic, and none are organic - There are teams i know of (disgusting i know) who do this from india on a revolving door basis with multiple accounts on flippa that just pump out websites with the aim of ripping people off ..

That kind of revenue per month in india is virtually 2-3 lakh, so quite frankly a years wages is being earned per Month .. and he wants to sell it ? I would love for you to ask him what is his location, in case you wanted to meet up .. ??

Also hosting, i want you also to ask him about the awstats figures, he has moved hosting which means he has NO previous traffic stats so again his jan feb stats could be all organic "paid" traffic - another bag of lies i feel ...

He has no trust factor, there are plenty of legitimate sellers on there and he has no tenure at all despite doing it a "Few" times ?? Unusual but plausible, so as the user state above treat this with an air of suspicion... its just too good to be true.

Also i find there are NO bargains on flippa only fair and decent websites that are sold, seemingly no one seems to have bidded on this along with you to get a website that generates over $1600 a month only to be sold for $1600 .. Trying to keep my taxes down ?? Sigh .. American ?? or indian in disguise ?

With all my ramblings ^^
    - No trust
    - No revenue following this site - (his customers stay with him as he states)
    - No Traffic
    - Lots of alarm bells mate
    - Paypal receipts are bull**** clearly ( i can send you 8 x 399 sales for a year and fake that ****) its just moving money is all

With those 3 golden rules broke already im not going to type any more i hope this gets to you in time - Do NOT send him money in any way or fashion what so ever, he,s taking or going to take you for a mug !!! :(

Also i have included someone on freelancer of which i frequent reguarly who is asking vaguely for Illegitimate traffic via google analtics, if you look hard enough there are lots doing this but its not something that can be stopped :(

Hi Apprentice.
    Thanks so much for the time you put In writing your post.

Ive taken It all In,

But just to make sure, if the seller was to do a screen share on skype so he could log In to his paypal and show proof of earning, Is it worth asking him to do so?

Also he only wants to use escrow to protect both of us in the sale, so It means that I would have a few days to get set up, and get the information from him, and If im not happy I could lodge a dispute with escrow and the money would be returned to me.

Do you think it would be worth trying to double check everything, or just not to go any further?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Nope i would definitely check it out anyway but use due diligence ..

Ask and ask again, the paypal information he has displayed does not ring true, states he upselled additional Seo services but did not install google analytics.. that is like a mechanic stating he does not have a Tool chest .. it may be plausible but just plain weird.
    Im online all night, if you have additonal information from him feel free to post here or pm. Im very skeptical of him but its your money that i would rather not see you ripped off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

OP it was smart of you to post here before you parted with your money. But I will bet, you only did so because you smelled at rat, your first instincts are invariably correct and lads above have given you all the real gen. Walk away and treat yourself to a nice night out on the dough you have just saved... You really did not need to make your last post... Did you?

Peter

Ok Thanks all for the feedback, really appreciate it, and thanks apprentice for all the info, been a great help!!

Im gonna keep asking him a lot of questions to make sure, but unless I get some real proof I'l stay away.

Thanks again, Its great to find people on the internet that dont mind helping and giving advice

Cheers

Advertisement