Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Identify This Connector

Options
  • 22-03-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

I've tried googling and even a reverse image search of the photo and can't find anything. It has normal USB on the other, but I want to know the name for this end of it!

mh8SpYX.jpg

Thanks.

EDIT: Further research says a variant of USB 3.0. /thread

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Looks like a Micro USB 3.0 connection

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

USB 3.0 Micro B

201303221318.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Torqay wrote: »
    USB 3.0 Micro B

201303221318.jpg
    Well I didn't hone in on that before, does that mean there are some cases where a 3.0 micro female will have limited functionality on a 2.0 cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

It's not a generic connection, as you know it's used by some manufacturers as ports for external hard disks, why you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

HelpWithIT wrote: »
    It's not a generic connection, as you know it's used by some manufacturers as ports for external hard disks, why you ask?

It's generic alright. As others have said it's USB 3.0 Micro B, and it's detailed in the official design documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

..And you run a PC shop? :pac:

Advertisement