Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim emergency tax from old job and current job

Options
  • 22-03-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm in a bit of a pickle as I'm looking to claim all the emergency tax I've paid for my last two places of employment

I only got my first job in November on a casual contract which was good but never filled out or gave my employer a 12A form. I'm still currently working there to this day.

In December I then got another job for a 3 month contract and was asked for my P45 from my previous employer, however I hadn't quit my old job so no P45 was issued. The contact with that job has since ended and I'm just waiting on receiving my P45 from them.

I'm wondering where I should go from here in terms of claiming the tax back for both jobs and what documentation I'd need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Have you P60's from both Jobs for 2012

Register for Paye anytime and request a p21 online - that will sort our any refunds due for 2012

for 2013 - probably best to ring revenue to see how best to allocate your Tax Credits and Bands between the two employments. Just have there PAYE Reg numbers handy.

Advertisement