Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intensive Courses

Options
  • 22-03-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I'm finishing up in work and I want to refresh my German and bring it up to a level where I have more options when I'm looking for a new job, so I'm going to do an intensive 4 week course in Germany. I was hoping to go to Berlin, I'm familiar with the city and I love it, so I'd prefer to go there. Has anyone done one of these courses? I was thinking the Goethe Institut, but it's far and away the most expensive, so if anyone can recommend any others I'd be grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

louised88 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm finishing up in work and I want to refresh my German and bring it up to a level where I have more options when I'm looking for a new job, so I'm going to do an intensive 4 week course in Germany. I was hoping to go to Berlin, I'm familiar with the city and I love it, so I'd prefer to go there. Has anyone done one of these courses? I was thinking the Goethe Institut, but it's far and away the most expensive, so if anyone can recommend any others I'd be grateful!
    I did the Goethe intensive course (evenings only) in Munich and found it absolutely superb.
    Unlike the other place I attended for far longer, the teachers are real professionals as you would expect and not just part timers looking for a bit of pocket money.
    From what I gather a lot of the Goethe teachers tend to move about between cities in germany and abroad so the teacher you have in a course in Dublin now may be the same one you get in Germany in 6 months.

Maybe going to a smaller city with less of an english speaking population could be cheaper and more beneficial than the larger metropolises?
    From looking at the options Schwabish Hall might be an alternative ?
    http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/ort/swh/enindex.htm
    Freiburg or Heidelburg are also nice places both of which are university towns so would be good craic too.

Advertisement