Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dub can I plant a tree?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hellooo everybody,
    strange request, I know.... but I will give a try :-)

My Christmas tree is dying... and I would like to plant it in some place. I am living in an apartment so I don't have garden.

Do you know if there is anywhere close to Dublin where I can plan a tree?

I don't want to recycle it,etc... just keep it alive :-)

I was thinking if it would be possible to plant it in any park,etc... or it will be removed from there by the gardening team.

Anyone?

Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

yootravez wrote: »
    hellooo everybody,
    strange request, I know.... but I will give a try :-)

My Christmas tree is dying... and I would like to plant it in some place. I am living in an apartment so I don't have garden.

Do you know if there is anywhere close to Dublin where I can plan a tree?

I don't want to recycle it,etc... just keep it alive :-)

I was thinking if it would be possible to plant it in any park,etc... or it will be removed from there by the gardening team.

Anyone?

Cheers!

Is it a potted christmass tree???
    Or is the tree a "cut" tree that was in a stand??
    If it was/is a cut tree..then its fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yootravez

It is a potted Christmas tree.. :-)

I guess the pot is too small for the root and the tree is starting to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭rje66

go to garden section of www.jumbletown.ie....... itll be gone in 60 seconds:):)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've seen trees like that which were sold as 'living' trees which had most of their root system cut away so they would fit in the pot. if you have one of those, there's not much hope for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Coll1e

Why not do a spot of guerilla gardening. Find a suitable place somewhere near where you live and simply plant it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Coll1e wrote: »
    Why not do a spot of guerilla gardening. Find a suitable place somewhere near where you live and simply plant it. :)

Because then you would be abandoning a dead christmas tree in a vertical rather than a horizontal position. If it is dying now chances are it is not going to survive anyway. In the grand scheme of things, its a nice idea but not going to achieve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yootravez

thank you for your feedback guys.

@magicbastarder -> good point, I will check.
    @looksee ->, interesting your point... I may still give it a try though.. nothing to loose. :-)

Cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lowkeys

You need to slowly acclimatise the tree to being outside. Leave it out in the day on mild days first or in a sheltered spot and bring it in at night for a few weeks and get the tree gradually used to being outdoors to prevent shock!
    I had a potted christmas tree and it has been in the ground for a few months now and is doing well.
    Best of luck in finding a spot for it.

Advertisement