Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to After Effects

Options
  • 22-03-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I presume this is the most suitable place for this question.

For the past few years I've been learning to use After Effects in all its different forms. I've taken to using it for motion graphics/kinetic typography style videos and now I'm starting to try get some work out of it.

However, theres no way I can foot the bill to buy that licence (can anyone?:S) and I'm no longer a student so I can't get that discount, which would have been perfect.

So does anyone know of any decent alternatives to the motion graphics/animation side of After Effects?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Not an alternative but Adobe do a monthly rental of their products which is a lot easier to swallow cost wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Is that Creative Cloud your talking about?

I saw that but never thought of it as a rental service only a subscription that may not be worth keeping up with in the long run.

But making use of it only when I need to might actually be the best solution. Thanks for that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Is that Creative Cloud your talking about?

I saw that but never thought of it as a rental service only a subscription that may not be worth keeping up with in the long run.

But making use of it only when I need to might actually be the best solution. Thanks for that.

Yeah thats it, we use it here in work, 60 quid a month for the entire creative suite. No idea what it is for less apps. Def worth looking into, if you even got one small paid job a month that would pay for it.

Advertisement