Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Kies

Options
  • 22-03-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Oh how I abhor this software.

Basically I've used it once and successfully updated the OS on my Galaxy SII, but ever since the software on my laptop is fried.

It opens with a big blue loading circle and thats it.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

El Spearo wrote: »
    Oh how I abhor this software.

Basically I've used it once and successfully updated the OS on my Galaxy SII, but ever since the software on my laptop is fried.

It opens with a big blue loading circle and thats it.

Any suggestions?

Can you do a reinstall of the software on your laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Have already and it did nothing. Ill give it another go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

I have Kies air on my samsung phone but I have no idea what it does. I have had the phone for over a year, never used it once and am unable to uninstall either. What exactly is it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Boots234 wrote: »
    I have Kies air on my samsung phone but I have no idea what it does. I have had the phone for over a year, never used it once and am unable to uninstall either. What exactly is it for?

thats different. you use kies air to get an address which you type into your browser. then you can transfer files to and from your phone without using a cable.

i recommend software data cable from the play store as a much better alternative. its a handy little thing when you have a picture on your phone you want and no cable to retreive it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

El Spearo wrote: »
    thats different. you use kies air to get an address which you type into your browser. then you can transfer files to and from your phone without using a cable.

i recommend software data cable from the play store as a much better alternative. its a handy little thing when you have a picture on your phone you want and no cable to retreive it.

Airdroid is great also :-) you can scan qr code to connect the device to the computer also

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement