Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old 30 pin to lightning adaptor for iphone 5 - where online please?

• 22-03-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for the following and would appreciate any recommended sites where you guys have bought before please and can confirm the device are working:D

1. I have a Sony docking station with the older 30 pin apple connector and want to plug my new iphone 5 into it. I need an adaptor from 30 pin to lightning. Any good links on ebay/dx.com etc. Obviously the adaptor MUST output audio. I've seen a few on ebay like this that don't - VERY misleading at a glance:eek:

2. Iphone 5 mains charger

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Did anyone get a (cheap-ish) lightning dock adapter that actually supports audio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I'm waiting on delivery from DX.com this week ,not looking for audio but will let ya know if it does or not support it, be an added bonus tho if it is supported

@fox007, cheers mate, would be interested to hear how you get on :)

Any sign of this yet mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

this place are selling these for €4.99

http://www.************.ie/shop/adapters/187-lightning-to-30-pin-adapter.html

I'm heading in today to get one, it's a legit shop i've been there before and it seems like it's the proper connector!

they also have lightning cables for €9.99 - i paid €19 for the apple one and these appear to be the legit apple ones

http://www.************.ie/shop/apple-cables/41-lightning-to-usb-cable.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Links don't work, before even seeing the link/shop I doubt they're genuine for that price and probably the same as dx.com sell (for less).
    -edit- By googling (copy/paste) your link I found out which shop you're referring to, the link is blocked by boards...
    Lots of not so positive stories about them on boards, their product page says: "Supports analogue audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging." I doubt it but if you buy one let us know if it works (the audio). Oh and they "appear legit apple" cause they're using (probably illegally) the official apple images on their site. The official adapter comes in a white cardboard box with all the usual apple branding and product codes on it, the copies usually don't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

It's pretty straightforward. There are no cheap lightning adapters that support both charging/sync and audio. If there were places like DX and Monoprice would be all over them. And if somewhere advertises an adapter for a tenner, regardless of whether they say it's genuine; it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

There's a shop on Facebook selling them for €15 and said they play audio but not video.
    http://www.facebook.com/iRepair.iPhoneRepair/posts/546034838780967

I've checked all over at this stage....dx.com, focalprice,meritline,cellphoneshop.net, ebay - no one is selling the ones which support AUDIO - damn that's frustrating. Have we no option but to pay Apple's extortionate price of €29:mad:

@ big_moe, do you have any update on this? Did the adaptor work?

livEwirE wrote: »
    I've checked all over at this stage....dx.com, focalprice,meritline,cellphoneshop.net, ebay - no one is selling the ones which support AUDIO - damn that's frustrating. Have we no option but to pay Apple's extortionate price of €29:mad:

@ big_moe, do you have any update on this? Did the adaptor work?
    Did you try the shop I posted about

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Did you try the shop I posted about

No, to be fair, I didn't mate. I'd like to see some real feedback from users who've gotten them first and confirm that the audio component actually works :)

livEwirE wrote: »
    No, to be fair, I didn't mate. I'd like to see some real feedback from users who've gotten them first and confirm that the audio component actually works :)

Just rang the shop there and he said as soon as he gets a chance he will check that it plays audio but he doesn't have a dock himself

Fair play to you guil, thanks for doing that! It's a pity the don't have a Dublin store though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

hmm, dont know why my text in the link was blocked the last time - if you google their phone number it's there 01-8728722

i bought it and it was €4.99 - it wont do audio. it will charge/sync but no audio.. i also have some app-cessories that are 30 pin and it wouldnt work with them either..

guess it's the apple one so.

if it does work with audio how many here would be interested in one, he might knock something off the price if a few order them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

big_moe wrote: »
    hmm, dont know why my text in the link was blocked the last time - if you google their phone number it's there 01-8728722

i bought it and it was €4.99 - it wont do audio. it will charge/sync but no audio.. i also have some app-cessories that are 30 pin and it wouldnt work with them either..

guess it's the apple one so.

Like I said, the link was blocked 'cause they have a bad reputation. This again shows that they're true to their bad name, claiming a products works with audio that doesn't. The same adapter is sold all over the Internet for less than €5, while they claim their €4.99 is some sort of special offer...

Advertisement