Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis 2013 - April 27th, RDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Was FF public relations / Kearon behind this Twitter account too ?

https://twitter.com/GerryAdamsIRA

It has an identical post regarding the hunger strikers painful death

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

ninty9er wrote: »
    The Committee of 20 is not the National Executive, it is one constituency of it. There are more than 80 members representing constituencies, Councillors, Oireachtas, officers and there are 3 for particular skillsets at the gift of the newly elected executive.

I contested elections (unsuccessfully) last year. There were 37 of us and the count went until about 11pm Sunday evening.

In relation to dynasties, it's not an issue, I didn't even know Hugh had family connections and very few do at this point. Comments in relation to a dyed in the wool candidate are at odds with the fact that candidate was previously a member of another political party.

I've been known to have my differences and disagreements on the direction that Micheal Martin has taken the party on certain issues, but there's no doubting I find that he has done better to date than I expected. There is no longer a culture where the leader is infallible and that is due to him creating that culture (not that it was ever really that big an issue outside if the parliamentary party).

Comments made by Stephen Kearon would not be representative of any significant number of members, or even Stephen himself I'd say after he thought about it.

The reason there are Oireachtas members who don't have to contest elections is because of the number of them contesting equalling the number f available seats for Oireachtas members.

I think if people approached the party with an open mind in issues, they would find it's not as cloak and dagger as it's made out to be.

Have you not read he's tweet history, he has been at it for years!

This wasn't just a single moment of madness where he has said something off the top of he's head, he's been stirring the pot for ages, now he's fallen into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

ninty9er wrote: »
    [...]
    Comments made by Stephen Kearon would not be representative of any significant number of members, or even Stephen himself I'd say after he thought about it.

The reason there are Oireachtas members who don't have to contest elections is because of the number of them contesting equalling the number f available seats for Oireachtas members.

I think if people approached the party with an open mind in issues, they would find it's not as cloak and dagger as it's made out to be.

He has been making comment of this nature on radio the internet and vocally in pubs for years!!:mad: Finally getting the publicity he deserves:D
    Sorry but the stuff on facebook is beyond vile - threats calling for him to be beaten up and even killed

And not all the FB pages are calling for physical abuse. Here is a page that is reasonable and doing its best to remove violent comments, yet has a lot of support.
    http://www.facebook.com/CallForStephenKearonsExpulsion
    I;m still waiting for stephen skearon to answer my question.

Was the website hosting job you done for dick roche put to public tender, or was this another fiaana fail looking after there mates job?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84085448

links in this tread/post might interest you. doesn't say about the tender but prices mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Srianadh

Okay, this thread is getting side tracked somewhat. Kearon is a no go anymore from FF elections (which is what this is about). His comments saw his candidature implode and now they're down to 26 candidates. Still awaiting word on any of them being any good. Have found some wee bits of writings online from a couple of them that are promising but I'm reserving judgement until I hear more from them. Did I read right though that one of the candidates is running his campaign from London? Ironic!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Ard Fheis is fast approaching now, and some of the organizational proposals that are to be put forward for consideration can be read here.

Some significant organizational changes being proposed, and it is good to see that the party membership will have a say in the election of the party leader should the proposals be accepted. Also glad to see that the membership will have a role to play in determining as to whether the party enters into any future coalition government - by extension it will allow the membership to have an input into the programme for government.

FF Ard Fheis to address 'biggest reform in party history'

• Advertisement

The Ard Fheis is fast approaching now, and some of the organizational proposals that are to be put forward for consideration can be read here.

Some significant organizational changes being proposed, and it is good to see that the party membership will have a say in the election of the party leader should the proposals be accepted. Also glad to see that the membership will have a role to play in determining as to whether the party enters into any future coalition government - by extension it will allow the membership to have an input into the programme for government.

I saw this in the FF weekly newsletter ( S Independent) but I dont see how this "biggest reform in party history" helps any way in terms of Corruption , Theft, Perjury or Economic Treason.

These weren't ever part of the programme for government.

Is this what other parties do already?

The fraud squad should just blitz the place, they will be like fish in a barrel!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭deanh

Meehole on the news tonight(21/04/13), at ~Bodenstown, looks like he scored in Coppers.(not that it would be difficult!!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The Clár has been published this morning. Some great motions in there, shaping up to be a fantastic week of organizational reform and policy debate and discussion.

• Advertisement

The Clár has been published this morning. Some great motions in there, shaping up to be a fantastic week of organizational reform and policy debate and discussion.

Some notable ones there including contradictory motions on abortion I see. Privatizing RTÉ - not without merrit. Also note that a lot of names from the internal elections have disappeared. 24 candidates for a committee of 20! Am heartened to see a break down of income & expenditure. Think these should be published at the end of the year for all parties in receipt of state funding in the National press.

Srianadh wrote: »
    Some notable ones there including contradictory motions on abortion I see. Privatizing RTÉ - not without merrit. Also note that a lot of names from the internal elections have disappeared. 24 candidates for a committee of 20! Am heartened to see a break down of income & expenditure. Think these should be published at the end of the year for all parties in receipt of state funding in the National press.

Yeah, I think the abortion motions just reflect the divisions which are present in society on the matter. Every party faces the same internal debate, but hopefully something constructive can be agreed upon this weekend.

Not all that surprising that some people have decided to not contest various internal elections, happens every year. Candidates hit the campaign trail, and based upon the feedback they receive and a reassessment of their prospects, they decide whether to continue with their campaign or not.

Agree with the financial statement. The party has called for reform regarding the transparency of political funding, so it is only right that it tries to lead the way. The details were published last year too, you can compare and contrast if you can come across last years Clár.

Is there anything in the Clar to address the issues of Corruption, Perjury, Theft, or Economic Treason and general dishonesty that have been plaguing the party?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Yeah, I think the abortion motions just reflect the divisions which are present in society on the matter. Every party faces the same internal debate, but hopefully something constructive can be agreed upon this weekend.

Not all that surprising that some people have decided to not contest various internal elections, happens every year. Candidates hit the campaign trail, and based upon the feedback they receive and a reassessment of their prospects, they decide whether to continue with their campaign or not.

Agree with the financial statement. The party has called for reform regarding the transparency of political funding, so it is only right that it tries to lead the way. The details were published last year too, you can compare and contrast if you can come across last years Clár.

Be under no illusion, the only reason FF want transparency of political funding is because it no longer receives the amount it used to...or the amount FG is now receiving...it is insulting to every honest Irish citizen for FF to be pontificating about political parties receiving funds from the private sector, being the most corrupt party this country has ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

raymon wrote: »
    Is there anything in the Clar to address the issues of Corruption, Perjury, Theft, or Economic Treason and general dishonesty that have been plaguing the party?

Now Raymon that would be too much to expect as the leopard cannot change all his spots in one go.

Be under no illusion, the only reason FF want transparency of political funding is because it no longer receives the amount it used to...or the amount FG is now receiving...it is insulting to every honest Irish citizen for FF to be pontificating about political parties receiving funds from the private sector, being the most corrupt party this country has ever seen.

Ya I suppose that now all there developer friends are 'bankrupt' I suppose the funding has lessened.

But no doubt there were a few ' bertie collections' made and handed over to the party. Fianna fail are pros in funding themselves from less than legal means.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Now Raymon that would be too much to expect as the leopard cannot change all his spots in one go.

They could at least drafted in some consulting company to do an honesty workshop for the delegates.

Is fianna fails ivor callally in the supreme court this week?

Was it bertie that appointed him to the seanad when the people failed to re elect him at the last election?

Another ex fianna fail senator arrested by the fraud squad this morning. To appear in court this afternoon. Charged with demanding money with menace.

Fiaana fail renewal arse!

Will this mentioned at the ard fheis?

Folks, a gentle reminder that this thread is concerning the event in the title itself. By all means, if you wish to discuss on going criminal cases do so on a thread dedicated to that. Some of us would like this thread to remain true to the matter at hand and attempts to derail it are not welcome. I get a bit of FF bashing, do it myself from time to time, but certain posters are on the verge of spamming at this point and I'd kindly ask them to cease.

• Advertisement

Folks, a gentle reminder that this thread is concerning the event in the title itself. By all means, if you wish to discuss on going criminal cases do so on a thread dedicated to that. Some of us would like this thread to remain true to the matter at hand and attempts to derail it are not welcome. I get a bit of FF bashing, do it myself from time to time, but certain posters are on the verge of spamming at this point and I'd kindly ask them to cease.

Hello Srianadh ,
    In your OP you asked :

"Is there anything the likes of us ordinary folk can hope to see come of their love in?
    "

By hoping that there would be an " Honesty workshop " to mitigate high levels of dishonesty in FF I was directly addressing your OP.

I was assuming your OP to be sincere.

raymon wrote: »
    Hello Srianadh ,
    In your OP you asked :

"Is there anything the likes of us ordinary folk can hope to see come of their love in?
    "

By hoping that there would be an " Honesty workshop " to mitigate high levels of dishonesty in FF I was directly addressing your OP.

I was assuming your OP to be sincere.

It was not your post I was referring Raymon. Don't be so quick to take offence! I think it's pretty clear from my post above what I was talking about.

It was not your post I was referring Raymon. Don't be so quick to take offence! I think it's pretty clear from my post above what I was talking about.

Should we pm you anything we wish to.post in future, and if it fits your approval we can than post it!

Surely the fact that 2 fianna fail ex senators have been arrested and appeared before the courts within a week is something they will be discussing at the ard fheis. Or.maybe micheal martin would like the amnesia to continue?

I'm looking forward to hearing he's condemnation of these guys. Ff renewal and all that!

Should we pm you anything we wish to.post in future, and if it fits your approval we can than post it!

Surely the fact that 2 fianna fail ex senators have been arrested and appeared before the courts within a week is something they will be discussing at the ard fheis. Or.maybe micheal martin would like the amnesia to continue?

I'm looking forward to hearing he's condemnation of these guys. Ff renewal and all that!

Look I'm not getting into this but you know as well as I do that nobody comments on cases before the courts and to suggest anyone would or even should is baiting an argument and not contributing to the discussion. Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

Given the level of collective amnesia that has occurred in the party I would be amazed if anyone can even find their way to the ard fheis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭opti0nal

There media management is not as slick as it used to be...the Irish Times has a shot of Michael Martin, arm outstretched while his podium has a caption of 'fairer'....(rhymes with?) :D

A bit of subtle humour by the photographer?

Well, this evening was a very successful launch for the Ard Fheis. I wasn't too sure what to expect this year, I half suspected that the record breaking attendance last year would be a one off as members sought to rally together to show that the FF organisation was very much alive. The attendance this year will match last years, if not beat it.

The atmosphere is also markedly changed as compared to last year. There was a sense of uncertainty at last years Ard Fheis as to what lay in store for the party in the future. Delegates this year are far more confident, and things are certainly looking bright heading into the local and european elections campaign.

An exciting time to be a member of FF.

EDIT: Also, this may be of interest to those who are trying to claim that FF are doing no work on policy. FF is doing significant work on policy, and will continue to do so in the run up to the local elections and the next General Election.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

What do Fianna Fáil stand for?

Well, this evening was a very successful launch for the Ard Fheis. I wasn't too sure what to expect this year, I half suspected that the record breaking attendance last year would be a one off as members sought to rally together to show that the FF organisation was very much alive. The attendance this year will match last years, if not beat it.

The atmosphere is also markedly changed as compared to last year. There was a sense of uncertainty at last years Ard Fheis as to what lay in store for the party in the future. Delegates this year are far more confident, and things are certainly looking bright heading into the local and european elections campaign.

EDIT: Also, this may be of interest to those who are trying to claim that FF are doing no work on policy. FF is doing significant work on policy, and will continue to do so in the run up to the local elections and the next General Election.

Fianna Fail destroyed our country and should be celebrating nothing.

• Advertisement

'

Well played, well played. For weeks you had me convinced you were a fiaanna fail supporter.

After reading this i know youa are just trolliing, fair play to you, you played it well.

Thank god your not that deluded!

Advertisement