Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingfisher Gym Tuam

Options
  • 22-03-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I was thinking of renewing my membership again soon but was just wondering what the current price is at the moment. I got it for €399 last year for the year but was wondering if it is the same this year? I am also wondering how much 6 months cost as depending on how things go, I could be leaving the country before the year is up.

Anytime I ring they want to put me through to the manager and to be honest I don't want the hard sell, just the price. :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'm a member of the Kingfisher in Renmore, and my current membership fee is about €38 a month. Can't imagine the prices would differ greatly between Tuam and town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wildbill1985

I just joined Tuam kingfisher.Think it was 120 for 4 months. Little disapointed.There never seems to be any workers upstairs to help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,894 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I just joined Tuam kingfisher.Think it was 120 for 4 months. Little disapointed.There never seems to be any workers upstairs to help people.

That pisses me off. They never have a gym instructor up there.

I also find the gym smelly. I only ever use Kingfisher for the pool and I'm not impressed by the showers either.

There never seems to be any workers upstairs to help people.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I also find the gym smelly. I only ever use Kingfisher for the pool and I'm not impressed by the showers either.

Have you guys thought about mentioning this stuff to management?

God knows you're paying enough for it; might as well get your moneys worth.

I think I'll just apply for a position as a fitness instructor there.

I only ever pay for the swimming when I go. I go to Total Fitness Solutions for the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That pisses me off. They never have a gym instructor up there.

not to mention the inane muzak at volume 11 that's why I left, utter ****e

Okay. It's now at the 'Unless you have something positive or constructive to say; don't say it' stage.

I think the Kingfisher has taken a suitable amount of flak for their (obviously numerous) sins.

Plenty of cons on thread. Any pros out there?

Their spa, sauna and jacuzzi is lovely!
    It's location and parking space is great.
    The pool itself is always quite clean too.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Guy's there is no point in complaining about these things on a forum, say it to the staff who are always very helpful as far as I can see, I am a regular down there and have complained before on a few different occasions and every time issues have been addressed.

The staff down there are super and have always been friendly and helpful but if they don't know you have a problem they can't fix it.

The place is a great asset to Tuam and it is in all our interests to keep it in as good nick as poss, if you don't complain the facility will be handed over to the next leaseholder and they will blame the previous tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Indeed. Most folk don't possess the power of telepathy;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

Guys im a member of this gym and im not happy. I joined this gym in jan and I made a deal with the manager that I would pay 125 euro for 4 months(I paid with a credit card) And then if I wanted to go for the 4 months after this they would contact me and I would pay 125.
    Instead of this they went and just took the 250 from my account in march without informing me. I then went into Tuam to the person I signed up with and told him my story. The guy must have a bad memory cause he couldn't remember me or even the deal we had made. I actually thought I was going to be given the money back and even given a few free passes for the trouble.
    The guy couldn't seem to give a dame about my situation and the issue still hasn't been resolved. I didn't get my 250 back never mind the free passes!!!
    I also know of other people where money was taken out of there accounts where it shouldn't have been.
    I have to say the staff on the ground are nice and friendly doing a great job. But all the guys in the office just want to get heads in the doors and get money asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

theGIANT wrote: »
    Guys im a member of this gym and im not happy. I joined this gym in jan and I made a deal with the manager that I would pay 125 euro for 4 months(I paid with a credit card) And then if I wanted to go for the 4 months after this they would contact me and I would pay 125.
    Instead of this they went and just took the 250 from my account in march without informing me. I then went into Tuam to the person I signed up with and told him my story. The guy must have a bad memory cause he couldn't remember me or even the deal we had made. I actually thought I was going to be given the money back and even given a few free passes for the trouble.
    The guy couldn't seem to give a dame about my situation and the issue still hasn't been resolved. I didn't get my 250 back never mind the free passes!!!
    I also know of other people where money was taken out of there accounts where it shouldn't have been.
    I have to say the staff on the ground are nice and friendly doing a great job. But all the guys in the office just want to get heads in the doors and get money asap.

Have you a signed agreement?

Very often in these things there is a requirement to STOP your contract with written notice regardless of any agreement. Without realising it you may be in a year long contract broken into quarterly payments.

Put your complaint in writing to the manager and send it registered post. Put all the details in, the date you made the agreement, his name, as much info as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭wintersolstice

Their new rules regarding children in the pool are a bit OTT.There has to be one adult with every two kids 11 and under.As most kids learn to swim through the school swimming scheme,I think this new rule is a bit much.:(
    Even the staff working there seem embarrassed when having to explain it.

Advertisement