Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Fire - Video footage

Options
  • 22-03-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Was driving along Ballast Quay last night when came aross this building on fire .. the roof was exploding and parts landing on top of the car .. manage to stop other cars doing the same .. then got some video ..

hope its ok to post this

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Drove along the relief road at about 7.30. The smell of fumes in the air was something else.

Was the fire contained or any spread from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I think it was contained..didn't get to see much when the Garda arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Residents across the bay in places like cartron were advised to shut their windows over fears of asbestos being released into the air. Nasty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

yeah .. the asbestos roof was exploding out onto all the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Scarlet42 wrote: »

That will be a very expensive and time consuming clean up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

lot of tyre remnants there today, that would have been fuel to the flames at the risk of stating the obvious. serisouly intense looking fire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I drove by the place at about 6.10pm and there was no sign of a fire yet another person said by 6.30pm the place was ablaze (shurrup I didn't do nathin'). Any word on how it started?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

Scarlet42 wrote: »

That sounds bad. Inhaling any of that would be bad for you I'd say.

Advertisement