Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you appreciate plating/presentation?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 5:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

I recognise it as an art form and accept that it can be very impressive when done right.

The thing that always gets me is I find a lot of it complete bollocks. I find that most fancy dishes have pathetically small portions, silly garnishes that you just put to one side them moment you're served, and other impractical things like drizzling sauce on the plate instead of the actual food you want it on etc

I've tried going in for some of it at home. I've heard about keeping things in the centre of the plate and stacking them to create depth/layer but generally find it fairly impossible to do with decent sized portions.

Do you prefer delicately arranged dishes or prefer a hearty plate full of grub?

Also if you have any good tips for plating I'd be curious, especially if they involve doing it with proper portions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Presentation is important to an extent but I'd agree that at fine dining level it gets overdone. French cuisine is especially pretentious in that regard.

Advertisement