Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly Parent living abroad Internet Banking

Options
  • 22-03-2013 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys and gals,
    I need some advice please and perhaps some tips?

I have an elderly parent who is living abroad. I have set up internet banking for him but it is proving very difficult to re-activate the account after it was locked out once by inappropriate use from one of his nieces (who was trying to help)

I hope to eventually get it up and running again but it is proving nightmarish because my father (elderly parent) cannot remember what day of the week it is never mind his bank account number. It is very frustrating explaining to him over and over why we are doing this (we need to send him money from time to time and pay bills at home for him) I live abroad too and cannot pop into his local branch all the time.

Is there any service from the Bank of Ireland that can help us out here?

Would love to hear from you?

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi bigpaudge,

Thanks for posting.

If the account holder is a Golden Years customer - over 60 years of age, he can call Banking 365 on 00 353 1 4044000 and a representative will help with balance and transactions over the telephone rather than using online banking. This way he would only need to remember the PIN rather than PIN, User Id and DOB. Please note, he would need to speak with the representative himself to do this.

As Banking 365 is a PIN based service, there isn't a way of using the service without a working PIN.

In terms of branch banking, it may be possible to complete forms and contact the branch who would then accept your instructions on behalf of the account holder although as you live abroad, this would need to be done via signed letter.

For details on this, please call the branch where the account was opened.
    A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here 

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement