Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD: 9 speed 105 rear derallieur

• 22-03-2013 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,
    As per the title, preferably short cage, also would consider buying shifters if available,
    Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

A 10 speed will work perfectly with 9 speed shifters as well, no need to specifically get a 9 speed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seaneh wrote: »
    A 10 speed will work perfectly with 9 speed shifters as well, no need to specifically get a 9 speed.

Most definitely, for a rear derailleur its the shifter and the limit screws that are the deciding factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 12barblues

thanks for the reply, as far as I know the cage on the 10 speed is slightly thinner and wont properly accomodate the 9 speed chain,

regardless, are either of you selling?

12barblues wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, as far as I know the cage on the 10 speed is slightly thinner and wont properly accomodate the 9 speed chain,

regardless, are either of you selling?

I can tell you now that's not true.

I have a 10 speed 105 rear mech on my bike running with 9speed tiagra shifters on a 11-28 9 speed cassette and nine speed chain.

If you are actually worried about it, just get one of the new 9speed sora mechs.
    A current 9 speed sora would, in all likelyness, be just as good as a 4-5 year old 9 speed 105, probably lighter as well...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=84819

so, you selling

• Advertisement

so, you selling

Nope, just letting you know you don't need to buy an older second hand 9 speed, and thta a 10speed will work fine, thus increasing the options available to you, aswell as pointing out that the newer Sora 9speeds would be just as good as an older 105.

super job! didnt post looking for advice though! thanks anyway

Grand, enjoy trying to find a 5 year old ech that isn't knackered so!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

super job! didnt post looking for advice though! thanks anyway

MOD VOICE: Well you got it regardless, it is in the spirit of the forum to provide helpful advice, please do not dismiss it so easily in future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

Thanks to the mod - tis an unloved role..

Had the same issue myself 12barblues this weekend. bought the sora deraileur in lbs for 30 euro.

merlin cycles have a tiagra one if quality of groupset is important to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

could offer you a brand new sora (medium cage) for €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭joxerjohn

Bren mc

If your Sora RD is still available I would be interested and will offer your asking. Looks like OP may has given up and was after a 105 anyway.

joxerjohn wrote: »
    Bren mc

If your Sora RD is still available I would be interested and will offer your asking. Looks like OP may has given up and was after a 105 anyway.

i'd need postage as well - unless you can collect. where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭joxerjohn

Based in Naas work in Dublin

joxerjohn wrote: »
    Based in Naas work in Dublin

Grand, i'm working in Dublin myself. Offer accepted. Sending you a pm so we can arrange collection.

Advertisement