Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design my tattoo

Options
  • 22-03-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Howdy Folks,
    I have a couple of ideas for a tattoo but being a little (lot) on the non creative side i was wondering do people know of anyone providing tattoo design services for my ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I don't mean to sound smart but why don't you go into a tattoo studio?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

A tattoo artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bopbuddy

Well I've been to the tattoo artist and they are showing me existing designs.. I'm looking for someone to hear my idea and design a custom tattoo to suit... maybe i need to go to more tattoo artists or someone knows someone that does this perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

What studio is that? Yeah every studio I've been to offers custom work, just try another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If they're only showing you pre-done designs, go to another studio. Most studios will do custom work.

If you give us an idea of the style of the tattoo, and where you are in Ireland, we can recommend artists/studios for you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Every tat I have is custom. I can't draw for toffee, but I tend to have a clear idea of what I want, so I would research potential artists online, looking at portfolios to get a sense of who would be the best artist for the job, then I contact them and describe what I'd like, discuss size, colour, placement etc. Then I'd drop into them and discuss it further, and usually what happens is they go off and do a couple of drawings and we meet again and review them. Then when I'm happy with the design, I book a session.
    I'd imagine any artist worth their salt would do a custom tattoo for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bopbuddy

Cheers, i have a couple picked out and I'm going to shop around the artists and Galway and see what they can come up with...

Advertisement