Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crusader Kings vs Shogun

• 22-03-2013 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

I've never played either of these titles past the demos. I'm trying to decide which of them to get stuck into. any opinions on which is the better and why? I'm leaning towards Shogun for the battles but I like the extent of diplomacy in Crusader Kings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

SB2013 wrote: »
    I've never played either of these titles past the demos. I'm trying to decide which of them to get stuck into. any opinions on which is the better and why? I'm leaning towards Shogun for the battles but I like the extent of diplomacy in Crusader Kings.

They're two very different games. It really depends on what type of game you like.

If you like a more action orientated game i'd go with Shogun. The battles in Total War are a lot of fun to play and while their is some empire management in the campaign its not too complex and takes a backseat to the battles which are the games bread and butter.

Crusader Kings is almost the opposite. Its a more complex and cerebral game. There isnt a lot of action but this games strength is in the diplomacy and it requires you to plot and plan and to use your cunning to get ahead. Once you get the hang of it it can really suck you in.

They're both great but very different games so its a bit hard for me to say which is better. On which one to get as i said its depends on what type of game your after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

I was a big fan of the Lords of the Realm games so I'd probably be more into the action.

Advertisement