Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 'Game Data Corrupt' Message?

Options
  • 22-03-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did a quick search here and couldn't find anything on this, but apologies if it's already been covered.

Anyone else having issues trying to start BF3? I've recently just updated it and it won't start for me now. Keep getting a 'Your game data is corrupt. Please repair your installation through Origin'.

I've done the repair process, made sure I'm patched up, and have made sure my language patches are all up to date too. What am I missing here? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Have you tried updating or re-installg direct x ? What about your video card drivers are they up to date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Have you tried updating or re-installg direct x ? What about your video card drivers are they up to date ?

Actually they're not, but that's cuz I'm using bootcamp and I heard updatin the drivers is bad! But maybe I'll give that a bash.

Nope, didn't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654788442985759/

Try this to see does it fix the problem . Sometimes it doesn't apply all the updates automatically .

Will try it later and let you know.

• Advertisement

Fixed it! Finally... Whew.

Basically the issue was with the cloud syncing. When I installed the most recent update I noticed it asked me that the cloud sync data found a mismatch. It asked me two choices; delete files and replace with cloud files, or copy cloud files. I chose the second, because I didn't really understand what it was asking.

Eventually after a million repairs/reinstalls I noticed when I cancelled the cloud syncing it launched the game. So the next time I launched the game it asked me the same thing again, I said delete files and replace and boom, it launched. Yuss. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah that's been a known issue since the last patch. Had the same issue myself and resolved it a few days ago the same way you did

Advertisement