Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 week 14 results

• 22-03-2013 6:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Broncos 28 Dolphins 16

Well this was a bit of a mad game which was on a knife edge throughout which either team could have won.There was 6 fumbles in the game,4 on the Broncos side.

1st
    Dolphins kick off,Broncos do nothing and kick it back.Dolphins work the ball up the field,Reggie Bush promenient throughout,even when the Broncos nailed him with a tackle and had to go off,he was back on within a few plays,I think a sack from Miller manages to stop the Dolphins drive and they settle for a field goal
    3-0 Dolphins
    2nd quarter
    And this is where the madness begins,Broncos put a good drive together and work it to 12yard line,Manning hits Tamme on kinda an out route and he guns it for the line,he's 1 yard away about to dive over and out of nowhere the saftey nails him with a tackle FUMBLE! Dolphins dive on it and recover it.I think this is the first time ever Tamme has fumbled for the Broncos.
    Dolphins put a really good drive together with some good long passes mixed in and get to 1st and goal.Broncos deny them on the first 2 trys,on 3rd and 5 I think the ball comes back to Tannehil,before he has time to pass he's hit by DT P.Sims FUMBLE! and Broncos recover.
    Broncos drive back up the field to around the 15 yard line.They come out in a 4 WR set(at least I think ut was as Caldwell was there and he's my 4th choice WR),one of the recievers seems to be uncovered so manning throws a quick pass to him and Caldwell has the pace to get to the line.
    7-3 Broncos
    Dolphins drive up to about halfway but Tannehill throws a pick to some1 and Broncos get back,Broncos do nothing but they put in a good kick and the Fins have to start on their own 10.They come in a pass play but all recievers are covered,Tannehill trys to check out but its picked off by Bailey for a pick 6
    14-3 Broncos
    3rd
    Broncos kick off,its deep but Reggie Bush runs it out anyway,slips a few tackles on the 25,dodges a few more and suddenly he's on the 35 in open country,Reggie Bush brings it all the way home for 106 yrd TD(it that a record?)
    14-10 Broncos
    Broncos work back to the Fins half,Manning throws a good pass to Tamme just as he turns with the ball he's nailed by the SS FUMBLE! Fins recover.
    Broncos force a punt and again work it back to the Fins half.At this stage Broncos were getting a little scared of the pass so were starting to run it more.Moreno comes in and make good yards on his first go,2nd rush he's nailed FUMBLE! Fins recover(FFFFFUUUUUU Moreno!!,I had just bought the cover ball at all times trait before the game)
    4th
    Broncos put a good drive together which ends with a 10 yard TD for D.Thomas.
    21-10 Broncos
    Broncos kick off deep,Bush comes out with it again,he shifts left,then right,breaking tackles,no1 can put him down(no not again I thought),he's on the 40 with no Bronco defender in front of him when out of nowhere some Bronco defender comes in what can only be described as an ankle tap and Bush goes down on the 45.
    I think the Dolphins put together a good drive here with results in TD for a WR.(I remembber there being some really good mid/long passes involved that I couldn't stop)
    Fins go for the 2pt conversion but don't get it
    21-16
    I think much happened in the half after that as the Broncos played conservative and Dolphins had to air the ball out,Broncos had another pick 6 and Bush made it to the 35 off another kick off returna nd the Dolphins were unlucky the some really good passes weren't held by the recievers
    Decker also fumbled a punt return but recovered it.

GG Caroller,it was on a knife edge throughout,a few key plays went against which I think had you converted the game would have swung the game your way.Reggie Bush is a Beast btw!
    Over to you Pudsy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Mother of god, as things stand Perrin you are ahead of me as you beat me this season. Monumental game tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Yeah had fun in that game and finally using bush properly now! Interceptions killed me :(

Hate the way the minute the time runs out your cut from chat...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Mother of god, as things stand Perrin you are ahead of me as you beat me this season. Monumental game tomorrow afternoon.
    You sure?,I checked the table there and I'm still behind,anyway I have to go play the Packers next week so I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.
    Also go Browns!!!
    Carroller wrote: »
    Yeah had fun in that game and finally using bush properly now! Interceptions killed me :(

Hate the way the minute the time runs out your cut from chat...
    I couldn't stop Bush on those kick off returns,the 2nd one I was sure he was bringing it back again,he's so evasive.I tried to keep an eye on him too after the 1st quarter as he was beating me up on the run and pass.
    If you get in maybe a really good WR you'd definately push on next season,you made some good pass's but they were dropped at vital times by your WR's.
    The interceptions,well I'll put it to you like this,those interceptions I got against you I was in better positions against the raiders the week before and dropped every single one of them so could be luck on the day I guess

I'm not sure tbh Perrin, but if I'm beaten tomorrow we both go 8-4 and youll be ahead on the tie-breaker.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Texans @ Titans, Texans recieve and the the Titans DB drop wayward pass after wayward pass on the 1st drive but the Texans punt, Titans get to just outside FG range and punt, out at the 3, TFL... at the 1 yard line, Foster breaks a tackle but its a holding, repeat 2nd down at the 1, Texans get out to the 3, Texans punt.
    Titans are in the redzone, Johnson fumbles!

On 4 consecutive downs, Foster has been stopped behind the line yet has fallen forward each time to get 3 new sets of downs, Titans give up 2 defensive holding penalties in a row.

FG Texans, Long C2J receiving TD

HT 3-7 Titans

Lehoure Rushing TD, Texans punt
    C2J killing the Texans in the air again
    Babinuex picks off a pass, Kendall Wright TD
    TD Texans
    Texans on side kick, Titans recover
    Kendall Wright TD, Suh picks up a second sack and its a punt.
    Screen pass to C2J for a TD

I try to user pick.. its lets in a TD :P
    Lockers throws a last second deep bomb and its picked, ruining his perfect score!

17-42 Titans
    Some Stats:
    Titans with 518 yards of offense, 139 rushing
    Lockers rating is 128, 13 from 19, 387 yards, 5 TDs and 1 int

Foster with 61 yards
    C2J gets 115 yards on the ground

C2J gets 305 yards and 3 TDs off 8 catches
    Wright gets 65 yards and 2 TDs

Texans could not live with Johnsons speed

C2J 22 yards away from breaking the receiving yards per game record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Latest reports indicate that the TeamGronk, not content with the five Dallas players that were injured last week, are still on the rampage. Buffalo are down to their 3rd string running back after Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller were carted off.

The game continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Seahawks 42 Rams 7

Closer than the scoreline suggests.

Perrish Cox opened the game with a kick return to give the hawks the early lead. Rams equalised with a delightful 40+ run from Pead. Solid defence on both sides kept it tight for a while.

A Lynch td (3 on the day and 20 for the season) put the hawks ahead. Rams made strong progress up the field on a 2minute drill, getting inside the hawks 5. A forced pass to the te Dreeson was picked off in the end zone by Cam Chancellor and the ss took it 102yards to the house to end the half 21-7. The game changer.

A mixture of good defence and unfortunate turnovers frustrated the Rams for the rest of the game.

Seahawks had 2 def td in the game. That's 13 this season. More tds than Flacco has.

Next up...Redskins. Really looking forward to this. No idea what to expect, but I know it'll be a good indication of where my game is at. For my sins I play the Ravens the week after.

With playoffs now assured should I play my 2nd string? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 49-24 Cowboys

Thank god, that's my last CPU game done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Big upset in AFC North!

Bengals pull out a massive win over Division topping Steelers!!

49 - 21 to Bengals in a game that refused to go Steelers way at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

NekoChan wrote: »
    Big upset in AFC North!

Well done bengals! Looking forward to our game!

Bengals <3

Next up...Redskins. Really looking forward to this. No idea what to expect, but I know it'll be a good indication of where my game is at. For my sins I play the Ravens the week after.

With playoffs now assured should I play my 2nd string? wink.png
    I dunno a good result versus the redskins and you'd be pushing for a 2nd seed spot also you'd want to keep lads on their hot streaks.I definately,definately play 1st team,rest them in your final game.....not that I have any interest in your result versus the Ravens biggrin.png
    Big upset in AFC North!

Wow massive result in the grand scheme of things,does this drag the Steelers back into the playoff picture? Does it set-up a final day showdown with the Ravens?
    And most importantly,how does this affect the Broncos :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Big upset in AFC North!

Things didn't go my way, but that didn't stop the Bengals offence being clinical. Neko sliced my 3rd ranked defence apart. My offence just didn't get going, got a scare when Mike Wallace left the game hurt but he will be back next game.

I still have a 2 game lead over The Ravens, but they have a game in hand. The Browns now have the destiny of the AFC North in their hands as the play both Ravens and Steelers in their next 2 games. Ravens and Steelers also play each other in week 17. My fairly comfortable run in is now a little more squeaky bumish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

TeamGronk defeat the Bills 34-22.

Interceptions, sacks and fumbles all over the shop.

Brady had 3 picks, 3 TD's on 15/27 passes for 289 yards. He also scrambled for a 7 yard TD confirming his 40 yard dash time of.....eventually!!
    Gronk got 237 yards.
    Pat Chung had 2 forced fumbles. Spikes had two sacks, Roth and DeVito each had one sack. Devin McCourty and Ras-I Dowling each had an interception.

Pats had 7:50 minutes of possession.

Jets, Giants and then the Raiders are the final three games. A win against the Jets will see me clinch the division. If I lose or tie to them, then I need to win my two remaining games and it is up to the Bills(oh dear :o ) and the Eagles to beat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns GM can't quite figure out how they lost this game. :confused:
    Dominated pretty much the entire game but lost the lead with 30 seconds left

Browns started run heavy and soon learned that you can run over Ed Reed very easily :pac:

On the 1st drive Trent Richardson breaks a 67yd run to be tackled at the goaline.
    Weeden to my 2nd string TE for a TD.

Browns add a FG and a Lee Evans TD in the second.

Halftime: 17-0 Browns

Battle of the punters in the 3rd quarter and Justin Tucker makes it 17-3 Browns

Highlight was Ray Rice breaking 3 tackles :eek:
    Lowlight with a dirty, nasty attempt by Suggs at Trent Richardsons knees :mad:

In the 4th quarter Ray Rice got an early TD and then Suggs got a safety.

Browns reacted with a Greg Little TD, very confident throw through heavy coverage.

Kaepernick throw a pick but instead of milking the clock the Browns had a quick 3 & out :rolleyes:. That would come back to haunt me!

Ravens score and then win the onside kick after the ball hit the chest of a Browns players.
    Ray Rice scored with 30 second to go

I am sorry Broncos :o

I don't know where to start here tbh. Ravens win 25-24, coming back from a 2 score deficit in the final few minutes of the game.

I was down 17-0 at the half, and managed to get back into striking distance by the fourth. However Gregg Little soon gave the browns a 2 score lead again with a lovely passing touchdown. With 4 minutes on the clock, the Ravens begin a drive down the field. A long bomb into the secondary, to Torrey Smith, set up a first and goal, which Ray Rice punches in for 6 pointer. I'm not sure how much was left at this point, 2 minutes maybe, but as I was out of timeouts (Had been burning them all half by taking too long picking plays), I though it was a consolation.

I lined up in an onside kick formation, and joked that I had no clue how this was done. Took the kick, which bounced off one of Mike's players, and the Ravens recover! Drove up the field, running with Rice, and eventually ended up 1st-and-goal. Three stops later and it was 4th and goal, but a short throw to Rice brought up the TD for the Ravens. After a failed 2 pointer, I had a 1 point lead. The Brown tried to throw deep balls, but they took a sack and that was it.

Mike played a great game, for the entire first half I could do nothing. T-Rich must have been closing in on 200 yards on the ground. His defence was solid and I couldn't run effectively at all. I can say in all honestly that I didn't deserve a win here, and it took a huge slice of luck to pull it off. Cheers for the chat Mike, look forward to playing you net season.

Unlucky Mike,I was logged into xbox live at the time so I was flicking into my friends list every now and then to see the score,I went from the dizzying highs to the pits of despair too :pac:
    Great result Pudsy,its games like that that define a season sometimes I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cards beat Vikings 27-3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions 31 Saints 23

Lions get the win to put some respectability on the season. Javid Best came back from injury and promptly got injured again. The Lions started well and were 14 -0 up after the first quarter thanks to TD's from Best and Pettigrew, the second TD coming shortly after a Brees INT.

In the 2nd quarter the saints had some nice drives but had to settle for FG's. Then in control Romo throws a pick off of play action, which results in a Mike Williams TD to make it 14-13.

Leon Washington takes the kickoff all the way back to restore the 8 point lead at half time.

In the 3 third quarter a couple of Lions fumbles gifts Brees with some short fields, The saints get a FG followed by a TD, thay elect not to go for 2 and take a 2 point lead.

Into the 4th quarter and the Lions have a nice drive, but must settle for a FG to take a one point lead.

The Saints come up short on the next drive and the Lions put a nice drive together and eventually end up with first and goal. The saints elect to allow the score which washington takes in to leave it as an 8 point game with 90 secnds left.

First play of the next drive and Brees throws another pick and its game over.

Good game Raoul, best of luck in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 22-17 Colts.

Very even game, Rock Lesnar had an answer for almost everything I tried, and caught me out a few times, and in general was very unlucky to get a loss.

The game started with a brilliant drive by the Colts. Ate the clock, moved the ball, Luck was having great success on the ground and it finished with a very nice TD to Reggie Wayne.

Jags know they have to answer and do so in 4 plays. MJD's success on the ground set up a PA Pass that went for 51 yards before a TD pass to Todd Heap.

Colts again move the ball into Jags territory but come undone in the redzone and settle for a FG. The Colts then force a punt with some excellent D, but make a crucial error instead of taking a FG as time expired they went for a TD pass with 7 seconds left which was picked off.

HT Colts 10-7 Jags.

Jags come out and are again stifled on D, but this time Paul Poszlusny reads the play and takes his pick. The Jags bundle it in via MJD.

The Colts are the victim of a dropped pass and are forced to punt, Jags run it down to the 5 yard line but a pass to Heap is read all the way and picked off, but instead of kneeling the ball down, the Colts lineman takes it out of the endzone and is tackled on the 4. This was the turning point in the game I feel. With the ball on their 4, the Colts went for a PA pass and were sacked inches away from a safety. The next play was a run up the middle where Big Paul Posz again came up big as he stopped Jennings for a safety.

With the punt, MJD broke loose on a 40+ yard run to put the Jags up 22-10 (missed the 2pt conversion to try bring it to 24).

The Colts marched down the field, and got a vital TD to keep the game alive to Austin Collie. With 90 seconds on the clock the Jags got a crucial first down and were able to run out the clock.

Final score 22-17.

Well played Rock. That's the least amount of point I've scored this season apart from my loss to Berty. You defended really well through the air, and had a lot of possession time on offence. Unlucky picks and the avoidable safety cost you this one. But keep at it, the evident improvement in your game from the start of the season took me by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Great news this is, a tiny little buffer in my quest to win the NFC South. All of a sudden I can afford to lose either the Jacksonville or Washington game. Tonight is crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cheers Mikey, gameplan was to TRY and stop MJD and i taught i done ok apart from his 40+ yards TD, i never taught about the Kneel on the Heap Interception, but i didnt think i was in the endzone.

I was disappointed with the interceptions i threw, Throwing to soon is the main reason ive thrown so many so i was trying to wait longer before i threw, i felt the 1 to wayne and the 1 to jennings over the top were unlucky cos i taught there was enough separation, but you picked them off, aside from them though, i got alot of confidence from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Seahawks 42 Rams 7

Closer than the scoreline suggests.

Perrish Cox opened the game with a kick return to give the hawks the early lead. Rams equalised with a delightful 40+ run from Pead. Solid defence on both sides kept it tight for a while.

A Lynch td (3 on the day and 20 for the season) put the hawks ahead. Rams made strong progress up the field on a 2minute drill, getting inside the hawks 5. A forced pass to the te Dreeson was picked off in the end zone by Cam Chancellor and the ss took it 102yards to the house to end the half 21-7. The game changer.

A mixture of good defence and unfortunate turnovers frustrated the Rams for the rest of the game.

Seahawks had 2 def td in the game. That's 13 this season. More tds than Flacco has.

With playoffs now assured should I play my 2nd string? ;)

That was the first game where i wanted to throw my controller through the TV!!!!

I'd heard of 'The Madden Effect' and had experienced a few minor attempts to bring it into my games, but up till this game i had very little to say about it.
    Boy did that change.
    From the 1st play where the Hawks scored on a kickoff return (I hadn't conceded a punt or kickoff return in Madden 13 up to then online or offline), to the pick in their endzone and 102yd return, to receivers being wide open and dropping easy lobs, to receivers speeding clear only for them to slow down and let the CBs catch up with them and make a play, to the MLB jumping higher than any of my players ever to snag an INT.

That said great game played by the Hawks and a real bit of fair play as after going clear he kept punting the ball back straight away to give me a chance to try to get something going.

Good luck in the playoffs Seattle, make the NFC West proud!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The Packers scrape past the Falcons and an almighty second half fight back to win 30-28....

Packers got an INT to start with a short field and pick up a touchdown.
    Packers gave the Falcons a short field of their own with and INT which was followed up on with a TD run by Michael Turner.

Packers answered back with a Hilis TD run of their own following a good drive....

Falcons offence then began stuttering and produced a couple of 3 and outs which the Packers captilised on and built a 21-7 lead going into half time.
    Packers recieved the ball after half time and scored again to make it 28-7.... Game sealed the Packers thought........

The Packers tried to chew clock with running and short yardage passing throughout the second half but a couple of 3 and outs and some good responses from the Falcons got the game to 28-14 midway through the 4th quarter.
    Packers get the ball and again seek to chew up some clock but the normally reliable Hillis fumbles and the Falcons get within 7.

Then things got crazy....

The Packers slightly concerned at this point suffered another 3 and out. With the wind in Masthay's face he punted it high and hard. Ball bounced around the ten yard line after the intended returner left it alone.
    Another Falcons player had different ideas.... Plucked the ball out of the air (while the Packers where trying to down the ball close to the goal line) while running towards his own end zone and then gets tackled in his own end zone. SAFETY! Heartbreak for the Falcons and surely a new candidate for the off-season cuts. 30-21
    The Packers are stifled again punt the ball back and the Falcons score a TD. 30-28 with around 1 minute remaining. The Falcons fail an attempt at an onside kick and the Packers kneel it out.

Sorry about the mic Gatsby, it's dodgy and my throat was pretty sore so I wasn't talking much anyway.