Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transplant clematis now or wait till more mature

• 22-03-2013 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Planted a nellly moser last September but have found a better spot for it. Wondering if its best to move now or wait a year ? Is spring the time to transplant ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Now is better, it won't have rooted in as much compared to waiting a year, Get as much root ball as possible and move it when less risk of frost, plant the clematis deep in a hole covering 1to 2 leafbuds... (I believe it protects the plant from some kind of die back disease)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

jezko wrote: »
    Now is better, it won't have rooted in as much compared to waiting a year, Get as much root ball as possible and move it when less risk of frost, plant the clematis deep in a hole covering 1to 2 leafbuds... (I believe it protects the plant from some kind of die back disease)
    Thanks a million! Will wait a few weeks so and then move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My clematis are all sprouting, I would be inclined to move it sooner rather than later.

Advertisement