Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie makes no sense

Options
  • 22-03-2013 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Some guy posts a thread about how can can get a hot gf despite the fact he is a 'cretin' and he's told to move it to personal issues? How could that be deemed a personal issue. seriously every thread on after hours is the same without individual threads like that it wouldn't be good.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

After Hours is not boards.ie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

After Hours is not boards.ie.

Straight to hell with you for that young man.. :D

/runs before the AH mods get here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭dybbuk

I don't understand your problem. It wasn't a moderator that suggested moving the thread but someone with 17000 posts. Obviously she doesn't have time to think before posting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

A link to the thread there might provide some context to this thread and / or maybe some Friday evening entertainment? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

dybbuk wrote: »
    I don't understand your problem. It wasn't a moderator that suggested moving the thread but someone with 17000 posts. Obviously she doesn't have time to think before posting.

Why the need to have a sly dig at a moderator?
    Why not post your opinion rather than sly childish remarks?

• Advertisement

"sly dig"? WTF have you been smoking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

It was probably me reporting the OP too that might have initially brought it to a moderators attention.

The moderator closed the thread and helpfully suggested that the OP post their issue in PI where it might actually be taken seriously, rather than in AH where the OP left themselves open to a torrent of abuse for their attention seeking efforts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tumblr_m76n46RYNQ1qi5xmv.png

Oh! Thank you for clarification! But what did you report and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Some guy posts a thread about how can can get a hot gf despite the fact he is a 'cretin' and he's told to move it to personal issues? How could that be deemed a personal issue. seriously every thread on after hours is the same without individual threads like that it wouldn't be good.

You make no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Your post comes across, (to me anyway), like a sly dig at the mod who closed the thread. If its not then I apologise for the mix up, but what did you mean by the post if it wasn't a sly dig at her?

Who is the mod?LizT? I didn't think the thread was meant to be very serious and I saw no reason to move it.
    I don't know how AfterHours is different form the rest and what was wrong with the thread unless the OP was looking for actual counselling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Oh! Thank you for clarification! But what did you report and why?

Well the post IMO came off as self indulgent attention seeking and the poster as I said left themselves open to all sorts of deconstructive criticism.

It was clearly a very personal issue the OP needed advice on, and AH is not the place to ask for advice on how to make oneself more appealing to girls.

The AH Mods have worked tirelessly to cut out all the sexist crap in AH, let alone nip threads that won't end well in the bud.

For the OP's sake they were better off the thread was closed and they should be grateful to the Moderator who directed them to post in PI instead.

I see.
    I only wonder how you can be so sure that
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    It was clearly a very personal issue the OP needed advice on
    I didn't think that at all. Never mind. All good.

I only don't like the ugly picture and I do think that Insect Lord should stick to his class.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

From the Feedback Charter
    Users currently serving a ban from a forum with a duration over 1 month are not allowed to post on feedback threads concerning that forum.

/thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement