Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agents

Options
  • 22-03-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Can you ever believe a word that they say?

We went sale agreed on a property 3 weeks ago, had to chase the agent 3 times to actually list the property as sale agreed (booking deposit paid immediately), they were rushing us a little bit as they said the vendor was keen to close asap, we were fairly keen ourselves. Thought we'd have been signing contracts in the next fortnight but got a call this morning to say we've been gazzumped ..... I didn't think that even happened any more! We can't match the other offer, not that high but mortgage approval only goes so far. We have no come back on the money we have shelled out on survey and solicitor fees and are now back to square one on our search. Gutted.........

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

mrskd wrote: »
    Can you ever believe a word that they say?

short answer, no.

I cannot understand why more people do not advertise and sell their own property in Ireland. People advertise and sell their own cars, theirs bits and pieces on adverts and donedeal etc ...yet give thousands to estate agents.
    I would much prefer an owner to show me around a property than a snaky estate agent.

Advertisement