Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little bit of advice required

Options
  • 22-03-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Regular user here but going anon for this.

Heres the situation.

My work is defined in my contract as being a manager of 2 branches of the came company and according to my contract is based in 2 locations.

In January a one line email was sent from my employer to another member of staff saying that Im being based in one branch only and for this other person to take on my duties.

Is this a breach of contract??

Secondly I was paid by one branch of this company but I heard from a 3rd party that a P45 was being issued and I was now being paid by the other branch--surely issuing a P45 without the employees knowledge is wrong??I was not consulted in either of these decisions.

I however was told that it was continuous employment and this would be confirmed in writing.

Its now March and I havent received any explanation and or this letter despite asking on numerous occasions.

Its like Im in limbo--Im unsure as to how to approach this issue.

Any advice welcome.

Advertisement