Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workspace with Wi-Fi in Limerick?

• 22-03-2013 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Just wondering are there any places in Limerick where I could go to get some work done?
    I am working at home and currently am in between houses. I do have access to wi-fi at home, but would like to go to a quieter environment.

I have not heard of something like this in Limerick, so not sure if it even exists.

Any ideas? Is it possible to pay by the day or the week?

I suppose I could go to a net cafe and maybe agree a rate with them...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cheers, will look into it. If I could split the costs with someone, this would be useful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Will you need a silent area for calls or anything like that? A lot of the hotels are ok with having people working in lobbies or in quiet areas of their bars. I would call in at a quiet time in advance of when you have to work and ask if it would be ok with the manager, explain your case and they should understand.

Personally, I have worked for a couple of hours in the Strand and Absolute hotel, I just made sure to buy a coffee every couple of hours. I also worked for a full day in the Clarion, but that was with a colleague who was staying there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The city library has free wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

The city library has free wifi.
    As does the county one. Allegedly theres a 1hour limit but...

A hotel lobby or a bar would be more conducive to work id say, its not even kids making the noise in there - ould wans treating it like a social club.
    Go to quigleys for a cup of tea if ye feel the need for a loud prolonged natter!

• Advertisement

yes the Library! Watchhouse Cross library has the wifi as well, lovely place if you ask me, no limits on the time as there's no password for wifi

Clareman wrote: »
    Will you need a silent area for calls or anything like that? A lot of the hotels are ok with having people working in lobbies or in quiet areas of their bars. I would call in at a quiet time in advance of when you have to work and ask if it would be ok with the manager, explain your case and they should understand.

Personally, I have worked for a couple of hours in the Strand and Absolute hotel, I just made sure to buy a coffee every couple of hours. I also worked for a full day in the Clarion, but that was with a colleague who was staying there.

Wouldn't really need a silent area. Would I not stick out like a sore thumb in a hotel lobby every day? A disguise might be needed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

don't use the same hotel every day then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

seachto7 wrote: »
    Wouldn't really need a silent area. Would I not stick out like a sore thumb in a hotel lobby every day? A disguise might be needed...

Not really, most hotel areas have a quiet area or corners.

Actually mentioned this to a friend earlier, he worked from The Strand for a couple of days when his missus was in the maternity hospital having their child, he just asked at reception if it'd be ok to use their wifi that his wife was across the road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Having worked in hotels, staff would not have an issue with you using the lobby. Just make sure to buy a coffee or tea every hour or so, which you would probably do anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

all Mcdonalds have free wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

all Mcdonalds have free wifi
    Isn't more like 15mins of really slow free access?

you need to ask them for the scratchcard with the code, either 30 or 60mins

Yeah, I was in the savoy yesterday and bought some coffee and was there for a few hours, but everyday might get a bit suspicious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

you could rotate between the different McDonalds

Or I could really live on the edge and try the chicken hut!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spiochu1

Advertisement